Error: Core library wasn't found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error: Core library wasn't found

I couldn't find anything that includes this error on this forum or anywhere else. But when I start my computer the first thing that pops up is this error:

Code:
    Error: Core library wasn't found
    I'm running windows 7 and everything was fine when I shut down my computer yesterday and now I get this with no possible way to reopen daemon tools lite.

Which version of DT Lite are you running?
    Could you please post a screenshot of that message.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Thanks for the fast answer, screenshot:

I got the latest version as far as I know, installed it 1.5 weeks ago on a fresh installation of windows 7 build 7600.

When I try to reinstall it I get the 256 error and please contact support. Shutting and deinstalling my "protection" software didn't help either.
      Last edited by Blazkowicz; 18.04.2010, 15:08.

Comment

You should tell us which security software you are running.
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Superantispyware free edition and the standard stuff from windows 7, firewall is off.

Comment

Will check Superantispyware free edition.
            BTW you don't have Zonealarm Toolbar installed?
            Peace Through Power

Comment

Nope haven't got that installed, but I installed the superantispyware after I got the error so I don't think that's the problem.

Comment

You got the error 256 before that antispyware program?
                I can't reproduce at all.
                And error 256 means some security software is blocking.
                Peace Through Power

Comment

I got the 256 error after I removed the antispyware program. But I guess my computer is just crashing now, most of my programs don't work anymore so I guess I just need to reinstall my windows (again)

Comment

Missing Core Library

Originally Posted by invine View Post
                    Thanks for the fast answer, screenshot:

I got the latest version as far as I know, installed it 1.5 weeks ago on a fresh installation of windows 7 build 7600.

When I try to reinstall it I get the 256 error and please contact support. Shutting and deinstalling my "protection" software didn't help either.
                    I've got the same issue. It's the latest & greatest version of DT Lite (DTLite-4356-0091.exe) This is on a new clean Win7 Home install. There wasn't any "protection" software yet installed on the system when I ran the Daemon installation. (There now is McAfee AV/Security Suite).

Unfortunately it's totally hosed up -- I get the core library error once windows finishes loading (after login). I can't launch the software, I can't uninstall, I can't re-install (errors out on each). At this point I'm looking for how to rip it out manually so I can then install the prior version (daemon 4304-lite) which is running fine on a different system (Win7 enterprise). What directories & registry entries do I need to delete so I can start over.

Thank you very much!

Comment

+1 for this error.. could someone point us in the right direction to fix? we can't uninstall or reinstall..

Comment

same problem here since I´ve updated to version 4.35.6.91..
                        Befor the update, the program ran without any problems..
                        But now I can´t even uninstall it...

Comment

Try to delete DT files/folders manually and then reinstall the program.

P.S. What is your security software?

Comment

kaspersky.....

Comment

Missing Core Library

Manually deleting the files/folders did not allow me to reinstall successfully (still got an error about software not being properly registered (and I think it means registered within windows, not registered purchase/license/etc)

I finally gave up and brute forced it by backing up my registry, searched on daemon and removed almost every instance/key pertaining to daemon tools (I left things that were items like IE last browsed page that were references to daemon). Rebooted, and the DTLite4356-0091.exe version installed fine that time around.

Comment

Working...
                              X