No announcement yet.

DT Lite v4.35.6 and crc errors in iso's with .cab files on Windows 7 Ultimate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT Lite v4.35.6 and crc errors in iso's with .cab files on Windows 7 Ultimate

When I try install some games from dvd images by using new DT Lite if game installer use .cab files for anything I always have crc error comunicate when instaler starts unpack files from cab. When I copy all files from dvd image and try run it from hard disk its gives that same error. So its looks like like dvd images are damaged but:
    1) In past all those images run correctly, i used them on Windows XP with no problem.
    2) Now I use Windows 7 so i checked those dvd images on Windows XP on virtual machine by using Sun VirtualBox where those dvd images was mounted as virtual machine dvd drive. On virtual machine intallation was 100% correct. I also copied files by virtual WinXP from dvd images into Win7 host hard drive and after that i run installer from Win7 - all games instaled correcty then.

So its look like DT Lite have some problem with reading dvd images with .cab files correctly under Windows 7 becouse also I noticed that I dont have any problems with instaling games from dvd images if installer use .rar or .zip or own format instead .cab files.
    Last edited by trv; 26.04.2010, 12:10.

HI, still actual the issue?
    Is not it due to the copy protect of the game?
    Another unprotected .cab dvd the same?
    Have you binary compared copyed files?
    Far Manager Official Site : download
    Last edited by dante777; 05.05.2010, 22:17.
    You damn sadist, you try to make people think

Comment

I have the same problem, not in every game but it apears in some of them. I have win7 ultimate 64 and dt lite 4.35.6

Comment

Please indicate one of games in cause even trial, if you also have a link to it, i want to be sure is exactly the same as yours and then i want to compare as i know and i'll post my results.

Comment

Unable to reproduce. Please specify games you used.

Comment

also, is your pc overclocked? sometimes overclocking can lead to decompression failures and issues like this... thats why i ask , so.. if it is, put it back to its normal clock speed and see if the problem disappears
            my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

2 cases 'till now, if anybody els ... please post.

Comment

I'm having exactly the same problem. It happened with various games before, but I just remember the last two: The settlers 7 and Assasin's Creed 2.

I've done the same things as the original poster (directly from the virtual DVD and copying to HD) but I'm still getting the error.

I use windows 7 64bit, and the images are in a software RAID-0 HD, and I install into the RAID HD. I thought that it may be because of the RAID, but if I copy the image to another HD (not in RAID) I still get errors.

Still, I have to try to create the image directly in the not RAID HD and/or install the game in it, I'll post the results :P

I hope that this information helps to solve the problem, if there is any

Comment

Originally Posted by Ikatxu View Post
                  I'm having exactly the same problem. It happened with various games before, but I just remember the last two: The settlers 7 and Assasin's Creed 2.

I've done the same things as the original poster (directly from the virtual DVD and copying to HD) but I'm still getting the error.
                  Very useful... I understand you also getting the error when install directly from the virtual DVD.
                  I think at the following ways to stretch to the fault:
                  - to use by ex MagicISO (besides DTlite) and copy the files then binary compare with the files copied from DTlite.
                  - load the image in MagicISO then load a copy of the same image in DTlite and binary compare the files.

Binary compare between 2 folders can be made using Far
                  Far Manager Official Site : download
                  pressing F11...
                  then will be nice to post what files are altered.

Further using Hex Workshop Hex Editor you can see and olso please post about how many octets and which is different between the same 2 files.
                  Last edited by dante777; 03.09.2010, 00:13.

Comment

I had the same problem, but I have increased the memory timings in BIOS to a higher value and my problem has been solved.
                    Hope it will help you too, I was about to drop out my computer through the window :S

Comment

Just thinking to test my RAM and found memtest86, if i knew i'd installed DTlite till now.

Comment

Same problem here..

Originally Posted by trv View Post
                        When I try install some games from dvd images by using new DT Lite if game installer use .cab files for anything I always have crc error communicate when installer starts unpack files from cab. When I copy all files from dvd image and try run it from hard disk its gives that same error. So its looks like like dvd images are damaged but:
                        1) In past all those images run correctly, i used them on Windows XP with no problem.
                        2) Now I use Windows 7 so i checked those dvd images on Windows XP on virtual machine by using Sun VirtualBox where those dvd images was mounted as virtual machine dvd drive. On virtual machine installation was 100% correct. I also copied files by virtual WinXP from dvd images into Win7 host hard drive and after that i run installer from Win7 - all games installed correctly then.

So its look like DT Lite have some problem with reading dvd images with .cab files correctly under Windows 7 because also I noticed that I dont have any problems with instaling games from dvd images if installer use .rar or .zip or own format instead .cab files.
                        Hello, I just tried to install Alien Colonial Marines and again for 3rd time already (3 different ISOs) I get an error about corrupted file. The SFV of the archive is ok. Although in this Alien Col. Mar. there are no .cab files. Mine crashes on ADERC61_Base.alc
                        I see no one in this thread came up with any solution to this problem yet? I wonder If I should try another program, maybe magic ISO or something? I'm almost sure the image is fine and there is some glitch at work here.

I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and Daemon Tools Lite

Comment

Does the installation work using the original DVD ?
                          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
                          X