DTLite Gadget crashes sidebar.exe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DTLite Gadget crashes sidebar.exe

Since I installed DTLite 4.35.6.0091 the sidebar.exe crashes regulary every 24-36 hours. Closing the gadget stops this.

System log shows the following:

HTML Code:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
      <System>
        <Provider Name="Application Error" />
        <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
        <Level>2</Level>
        <Task>100</Task>
        <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-04-28T02:14:51.000000000Z" />
        <EventRecordID>5722</EventRecordID>
        <Channel>Application</Channel>
        <Computer>xxxxxxxxx</Computer>
        <Security />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data>sidebar.exe</Data>
        <Data>6.1.7600.16385</Data>
        <Data>4a5bc9e1</Data>
        <Data>ntdll.dll</Data>
        <Data>6.1.7600.16385</Data>
        <Data>4a5be02b</Data>
        <Data>c0000005</Data>
        <Data>0000000000031ccf</Data>
      </EventData>
    </Event>
    OS is Windows 7 x64. The gadget worked flawlessly before the new version was installed (ok, mostly - sometimes mixing icons).

Please send your crash dump to our support team - support-eml@disc-soft.com.

Comment

stupid question: which crashdump und where can I find it? Windows just regulary asks me (when using the daemon gagdet), if I want to restart the "sidebar.exe" - next time this happens I'll take a closer look at the dialog (will be back in the next 36h )

Comment

Originally Posted by Ender080 View Post
        stupid question: which crashdump und where can I find it? Windows just regulary asks me (when using the daemon gagdet), if I want to restart the "sidebar.exe" - next time this happens I'll take a closer look at the dialog (will be back in the next 36h )
        On my side (also Win 7 x64) what happens with the DT widget running is that when OS tries to stop the machine, the sidebar refuses to stop and I have to manually tell Windows to kill it.

So I guess similar problem...

Comment

ok, mailed a crash dump to the support - but it is more then 250MB big. Anyone an idea how to get a minidump? Local dumps from WER didn't work for sidebar.exe

Comment

Same here, Win7 32bit. Any hints where can I find those dumps?

Comment

Try to use ProcDump utility to get a dump.

Comment

I can confirm that I have the same exact error on Win7 x64 all of the time. It never fails to happen & it started with the current version as the OP described.

Comment

2all: Do you use sleep mode or hibernate? Any specific gadgets besides DT gadget? Any peculiar screensaver?

Comment

no sleep mode, no hibernation, no screen saver - display is switched off after 30min of inactivity, system runs 24/7, desktop background is a slideshow

Gadgets: the weather forecast from Microsoft, a self made digital clock and a bunch of gadgets from Orbmu2k (volume, network and cpu usage, top5 for memory and processor and the gpu observer on an ATI 4850)

Comment

a self made digital clock
                      Could you post this gadget for testing?

Comment

OK, before we start checking all combinations of gadgets I removed all but the DTLite gadget and will report if it still crashes sidebar.exe.

Please keep in mind that there was no problem like this with the previous release of DTLite.

Comment

Thank you for info.. we are investigating this issue

Comment

OK, before we start checking all combinations of gadgets I removed all but the DTLite gadget and will report if it still crashes sidebar.exe.
                            Edit (wrong tense, may lead to confusion): ... I've removed all ...

It might take some time before a crash occurs...

Comment

Here it comes: a few minutes ago I turned on the display and windows reported the crash of sidebar.exe. This time the only gadget running was the DTLite one. I've started procdump to work on hung applications and gonna mail the mini dump.

Comment

Working...
                              X