Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Option to disable automatic emulation.

Customer

As mentioned above i can confirm that Safedisc emulation is active, but not SecuROM & RMPS (haven't tested Laserlock).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamecollector View Post
    Cd-image w/o weak sectors (no read errors detected with cd-mage etc) perfectly works if mounted.
    The defective sectors are not the weak sectors. First are the weak sectors and after those the defective ones. You can check that e.g. in Alcohol's Sector Viewer.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Administrator

Safedisc emulation in fact emulates bad sectors only
    on CD-R/CD-RW and can work only for very old games.
    It does not emulate any weak sectors on newer Safedisc games. So it has no much sense to enable it now - it is already obsolete long ago.
    For images emulation is not needed at all as they have perfect weak and bad sectors and game can work without any emulation.
    If you need to emulate weak sectors on CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW media then you need burn Safedisc image with RMPS option in Alcohol and it will do the job.

Customer

Quote Originally Posted by Development View Post
    For images emulation is not needed at all as they have perfect weak and bad sectors and game can work without any emulation.
    Don't cooked images have zeroes (or with more adequate programs consecutive 55h) in place of bad sectors ?

My Grand Prix 3.iso (SD 1.5) doesn't work mounted in older versions of DT (or e.g. the current Alcohol version) - only working with Safedisc emulation active.

Or did you simply mean a "good image" when saying that emulation isn't needed ?
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Administrator

DT PRO grabber creates table of bad sectors inside MDS even for cooked images, hence they are automatically generated by virtual drive. That is why it works without emulation.
    Older cooked images which which have no bad sectors in MDS may need emulation though as you say.

Customer

Quote Originally Posted by Development View Post
    DT PRO grabber creates table of bad sectors inside MDS even for cooked images...
    Yeah, it's nice how the grabbers only suck up the essentials

DT Lite 4.35 and DT Pro 4.36.0309 - still the same trouble.
    Mds/mdf w/o bad/weak sectors (tested with cdmage). SD 1.41. With Alcohol52% FE 2.0.1 and SD emulation off the game says "insert correct cd". If sd emulation turned on - game play w/o questions.
    With DT - even if safedisk emulation disabled - protection still passed through.
    Please, remove this auto-emulation...

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

I guess (personal opinion) it will not happen as then for image emulation options must be enabled and then problems can happen with burning disks.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Administrator

If you enabled SD emulation in Alcohol then setting in DT does not matter then - SD emulation is enabled globally for all CDROMs in system if at least one program enables it. Behavior of Alcohol and DT is same.

Customer

...still the same trouble.
    Would you please define where you're running into trouble ?
    In which practical situations do you face disadvantages with this SD auto emulation ?

"insert correct cd".
    this is a BLACKLIST Problem, the REG Key is Blacklistet and not the Autoemu

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast