No announcement yet.

Option to disable automatic emulation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DT Lite 4.35 and DT Pro 4.36.0309 - still the same trouble.
    Mds/mdf w/o bad/weak sectors (tested with cdmage). SD 1.41. With Alcohol52% FE 2.0.1 and SD emulation off the game says "insert correct cd". If sd emulation turned on - game play w/o questions.
    With DT - even if safedisk emulation disabled - protection still passed through.
    Please, remove this auto-emulation...

Comment

I guess (personal opinion) it will not happen as then for image emulation options must be enabled and then problems can happen with burning disks.
      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
      Peace Through Power

Comment

If you enabled SD emulation in Alcohol then setting in DT does not matter then - SD emulation is enabled globally for all CDROMs in system if at least one program enables it. Behavior of Alcohol and DT is same.

Comment

Originally Posted by Gamecollector View Post
          ...still the same trouble.
          Would you please define where you're running into trouble ?
          In which practical situations do you face disadvantages with this SD auto emulation ?
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

"insert correct cd".
            this is a BLACKLIST Problem, the REG Key is Blacklistet and not the Autoemu

Comment

@moonie
              - he's using an image without bad sectors in Alcohol's virtual drive -> doesn't work (showing a typical error message)
              - then he's turning on BAD Sectors Emulation in Alcohol -> working

Hence it's no blacklist problem.
              I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
                In which practical situations do you face disadvantages with this SD auto emulation ?
                Trouble is - I want to be sure that my sd protected backups are 100% legit. Currently I MUST use alcohol52% for testing this. Because even if protection not cloned fully - DT still run this backup from virtual drive w/o warnings. And "burn cd-r - test" method is wrong way.
                This is the only cause for my suggestion.

Originally Posted by Development View Post
                If you enabled SD emulation in Alcohol then setting in DT does not matter then - SD emulation is enabled globally for all CDROMs in system if at least one program enables it. Behavior of Alcohol and DT is same.
                Sorry, but no - I know what I doing. I disable sd emulation in A52 before testiong. I even uninstall A52.

Comment

Sorry, but I'm not so unskilled.
                  Safedisk emulation in A52% was disabled.
                  Plus to be completely sure I even uninstall A52%.
                  Still the same results.

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
                  I buy the old boxed pc games for my collection sometimes. Then I make hdd backups and use backups only - no cd scars, faster install/running etc.
                  With this "auto safedisk emulation for virtual drives" all my sd 1x-2x backups can be inaccurate.
                  Currently I forced to use A52% for check. Or cd-rw burn/test routine.

Comment

Trouble is - I want to be sure that my sd protected backups are 100% legit.
                    Safedisc emulation in fact emulates bad sectors only .
                    No drive has problems reading/storing the bad sectors (besides speed of course), only the weak ones can be problematic for few drives - but they aren't affected by the emulation.

So your images (with bad sectors) are 100% legit - at least that emulation doesn't adulterate your tests.

But maybe Development still drops it - we will see

Comment

Disable Emulation

I am trying to use my Need For Speed Pro Street disc in the disc drive but it keeps telling me there is an error with emulation. This is NOT an iso. I was uable to create an iso for this game. Is there any way to disable the emulator without having to uninstall it completely?

Comment

How did you get this image file?

Comment

Working...
                        X