No announcement yet.

Option to disable automatic emulation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Option to disable automatic emulation.

Current version of DT automatically emulate safedisk, securom etc for any mounted cd-image. Can you please add checkbox for disabling this auto-emulation for DT virtual drives?
    Tnx.

These checkboxes are located in Advanced section of Preferences.

Comment

You don't understand me.
      Even with all boxes unchecked (Safedisk, Securom, Laserlok, RMPS) DT emulate all this protections for all DT virtual drives.
      DT = DT Lite, not sure about Pro version.
      So please add the way to disable this emulations for ALL drives.
      Tnx.

Comment

Originally Posted by Gamecollector View Post
        Even with all boxes unchecked (Safedisk, Securom, Laserlok, RMPS) DT emulate all this protections for all DT virtual drives.
        How does this become noticeable ?
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Noticeable with testing, of course.
          As example - safedisk cd-images with no out-of sync (weak) sectors included. You can burn this image, but of course game don't start from burned cd w/o emulation enabled. But - mounted image works perfectly any time. Reason - emulation is always on for DT drives.

Comment

Any specific reason why you want to have such option?
            Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
            Peace Through Power

Comment

Noticeable with testing, of course.
              As example - safedisk cd-images with no out-of sync (weak) sectors included.
              Could you please be a bit more specific ?
              Which game/SD version have you tested ?
              I'm asking because the weak (not the defective) sectors should be present/intact in any image,
              and some SD versions only check the weak sectors.
              Last edited by Terramex; 19.05.2010, 17:41.
              I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

@Terramex
                Gamecollector talking about ALL Protections.
                You can#t disable the Emus in a Mounted Image.
                But you can't disable the Emulation in Alcohol,Virtual CD.... too.

My you need to disable the emulation for a mounted image?

Comment

@Gamecollector
                  Only made some short tests and so far i can confirm that Safedisc emulation is active for the DT drive(s).
                  A Grand Prix 3 ISO is working in DT's drive without emulation, but not in Alcohol's drive.

But SecuROM emulation seems to be off.
                  An ISO of Warcraft 3 is only working with SecuROM emulation ticked.

RMPS is off as well.
                  Made an image of my Drakensang RMPS copy -> only working with RMPS emulation ticked.

@moonie
                  For example if there is DPM data in an image it will be emulated/used automatically - agreed.
                  But the extra emulation options you have to activate manually have nothing to do with that
                  btw. partially we already talked about that
                  Last edited by Terramex; 20.05.2010, 13:05.

Comment

@Terramex - tested only v1 and v2 of Safedisk.
                    As examples - System Shock 2, Majesty: the Fantasy Kingdom Sim, Battle Realms etc.
                    Cd-image w/o weak sectors (no read errors detected with cd-mage etc) perfectly works if mounted.
                    If burned - work only with "Safedisk" on.

Comment

As mentioned above i can confirm that Safedisc emulation is active, but not SecuROM & RMPS (haven't tested Laserlock).
                      Cd-image w/o weak sectors (no read errors detected with cd-mage etc) perfectly works if mounted.
                      The defective sectors are not the weak sectors. First are the weak sectors and after those the defective ones. You can check that e.g. in Alcohol's Sector Viewer.

Comment

Safedisc emulation in fact emulates bad sectors only
                        on CD-R/CD-RW and can work only for very old games.
                        It does not emulate any weak sectors on newer Safedisc games. So it has no much sense to enable it now - it is already obsolete long ago.
                        For images emulation is not needed at all as they have perfect weak and bad sectors and game can work without any emulation.
                        If you need to emulate weak sectors on CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW media then you need burn Safedisc image with RMPS option in Alcohol and it will do the job.

Comment

Originally Posted by Development View Post
                          For images emulation is not needed at all as they have perfect weak and bad sectors and game can work without any emulation.
                          Don't cooked images have zeroes (or with more adequate programs consecutive 55h) in place of bad sectors ?

My Grand Prix 3.iso (SD 1.5) doesn't work mounted in older versions of DT (or e.g. the current Alcohol version) - only working with Safedisc emulation active.

Or did you simply mean a "good image" when saying that emulation isn't needed ?

Comment

DT PRO grabber creates table of bad sectors inside MDS even for cooked images, hence they are automatically generated by virtual drive. That is why it works without emulation.
                            Older cooked images which which have no bad sectors in MDS may need emulation though as you say.

Comment

Originally Posted by Development View Post
                              DT PRO grabber creates table of bad sectors inside MDS even for cooked images...
                              Yeah, it's nice how the grabbers only suck up the essentials

Comment

Working...
                              X