Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Trojan detected in DTL

  1. #1
    New User
    Join Date
    30.10.2005
    Posts
    13

    Default Trojan detected in DTL

    McAfee Virusscan Enterprise detects a false positive with dtlite.exe.

    I escalated the case to McAfee and awaiting answer soon (hopefully a new dat file).

  2. #2
    New User
    Join Date
    30.10.2009
    Posts
    2

    Default Trojan detected in DTL

    I downloaded DTL off this site, and when I ran the installation my anti-virus software (mcafee on-access) came up saying that

    "C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe"

    is a

    "Artemis!435F79D364B7"

    and deletes it. So I have the files, just not the executable. Any ideas what's wrong?

  3. #3
    GERMAN TRANSLATOR
    Blazkowicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.11.2005
    Posts
    6,401

    Default

    McAfee is detecting a false positive, that's all.
    Therefore set it to ignore install folder of DT and wait for an update of McAfee.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

  4. #4
    New User
    Join Date
    30.10.2009
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Ugh... I've set like 5 different exceptions that should all encompass the .exe file, but it still deletes it every time.

  5. #5
    GEORGIAN TRANSLATOR OFFICIAL TRANSLATOR

    sikvdila's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.07.2008
    Posts
    138

    Default

    I'm using kaspersky 9 and nothing found during installation DT Lite, so it's your antvirisu problem I think
    Georgian Translator

  6. #6

    Default Daemon Tools Lite 4.35 Win7 McAfee

    Hi, today I downloaded the latest version of daemon tools lite from this page. During the install McAfee Internet Security detected the daemon tools exe-file as "New Poly Win32"-virus and kept it under arrest, so that the installation failed.

    I sent the file to McAfee, so that they can fix the detection-file. Has anyone else got this problem.

  7. #7
    GEORGIAN TRANSLATOR OFFICIAL TRANSLATOR

    sikvdila's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.07.2008
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gitslaughingman View Post
    Hi, today I downloaded the latest version of daemon tools lite from this page. During the install McAfee Internet Security detected the daemon tools exe-file as "New Poly Win32"-virus and kept it under arrest, so that the installation failed.

    I sent the file to McAfee, so that they can fix the detection-file. Has anyone else got this problem.
    you ar't firs who have same problem, I can say for sure there is't virus. it's your antivirus problem
    Georgian Translator

  8. #8
    New User
    Join Date
    30.10.2005
    Posts
    13

    Default

    McAfee confirmed the false positive.
    DAT file version 5788 doesn't detect the threat anymore, all fine now...

  9. #9
    New User
    Join Date
    30.10.2005
    Posts
    13

    Default

    If you rename the dtlite.exe to daemon.exe (to ensure compatibility with yasu), daemon.exe is still recognized as trojan.

    This is solved with DAT 5789.

  10. #10
    New User
    Join Date
    04.11.2009
    Posts
    1

    Ausrufezeichen DTLITE 4.35 = VIRUS

    I've just downloaded the new version for Windows Seven and McAfee detects DTLite.exe as a virus (New Poly Win32)

    See attachement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DTLITE.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	806  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •