SACRED newest patch1.55beta9 prevents emulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SACRED newest patch1.55beta9 prevents emulation

Sacred worked for me using the image and mounting it with dt3.46 untill patch 1.55beta8.

Today (13.04.2004) Ascaron released the pacth 1.55beta9. All servers have been changed to that patch too, u cant play online without it.

Now the problem is: Whenever i start the Sacred. exe after i installed the patch, it turns off the emulation. Dt remains still green, but the rmps is unselected. I tried it a few times and i even tried it with turning all options ON. After i started sacred.exe Dt was still green and not red, but all emulating options were unselected.

I think the new sacred.exe checks for emulation and prevents it.

Hope u guys from DT can fix it

Have you tried lock DLL? may make your system freeze but worth try!

i can't test myself i don't have sacred!
    On first day god created universe...on last day humans will destroy it!

Comment

Just tried LOCK DLL, starting sacred.exe turns off emulation options AND LOCK DLL option. Both are unselected after starting sacred.exe.

Nice copyprotection...

Comment

Thx, we'll check it.

Comment

yeah same problem here :/
          they really try to get it secure ..
          i have a sacred key and only want to keep my org. cd's clean. :/

Comment

any solution yet

just wanted to know if you found already a workaround for this shitty blacklist problem, can't play latest version :cry:

Comment

Just wanted to let you know that there is a new beta patch out...

But i cannot start the game too...

I hate those damn ProtectCD Creators and Ascaron for using this annoying copy protection... :evil:

btw.: i'm using an image file and not a burnt cd...

EDIT: i have just seen it... there is a special update of this new beta available which is meant for those that had problems starting the game before...
              and i was able to start the game from the mounted image with this one...

Comment

sad thing... i just got the 1.6 patch (german version) and now i am no longer able to start the game from the image...

Comment

I too have this problem, although the icon remains green, all check marks beside emulations are non-existent after trying to run the game from a mounted image. Had no problems with the original version or with 1.5, but I just got the 1.6 (UK edition) patch, and now it doesn't work. I'm glad i saved the 1.5 patch, i hope uninstalling and re-verting back to 1.5 will work, for multiplayer on my other PC i'll just use the real disks until a new version of DT or something.

PS: To whoever invented VOB ProtectCD and to whoever uses it -- You go to hell. You go to hell and you die. Thanks.

Comment

U cant play online without the newest patch......bad luck. At least not in the closed.net. Dont think its different on open.net.

Comment

Why on why couldent they do a sony....

would be so much easier to go around the rim with a pen than this :cry:
                      http://users.bigpond.net.au/Technitum/tigsig.jpg

Comment

A small temporary workaround for the RMPS emulation removal is to run Daemonscript, create a script that enables RMPS emulation, add a small delay (0.5-1s) and repeat over and over, for as long as the game takes to load (try atleast 60 entries).
                        Then, start the script and start the game, that should work just fine.
                        Or, you could make the script start the game (before enabling RMPS emulation).

Why this? The game turns off RMPS emulation in D-tools several times and it's quite annoying and frustrating to turn it on several times, one second to late and it won't start.

Works for patch 1.6.
                        I do NOT endorse piracy in any way.
                        But I believe you should be able to make a personal backup.

Comment

the script solution does not work for me.
                          i set the delays at 300ms and thats still not frequent enough.

man, this one is a doozy.

Comment

I use DaemonScript and it works with my backup cd. Not working with image on hd.

Script:
                            RunApp Sacred.exe
                            Emulations [v] RMPS
                            Delay 4000

Emulations [v] RMPS
                            Delay 500
                            Emulations [v] RMPS
                            Delay 500
                            ... (12 times this)

Comment

Cool solution :lol:

Comment