Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: USB hard drive stopped working after DTL installation

Administrator

The fact alone that DT and SPTD are not installed anymore but your drive is still not working proves that DT is not cause of your trouble.
    Afterall, our program never modifies other drives and their drive letters.
    So it is not understandable why you post in our forum and seek support here.
    You should better check other utilities you may have run on your PC.

New User

I ask here because I am pretty sure DT caused it somehow. The drive worked exactly until DT took its drive letter over! There was no other tool involved.

New User

No idea where I could look, what I could try, whom I could ask?

You mentinoed that things failed after installing the <i>newest</i> DTL. If you mean you've been using previous versions, most likely your USB drive (or port) failed at the time you were doing the install.

Try plugging the drive into a different USB port, and if you have a USB keyboard you should simply try switching those ports. You should also try plugging the drive into a different computer.

Everything is going to fail on you at some point, and I guarantee that when those things fail, you're going to be doing <i>something</i>. Whatever it is that you're doing has nothing to do with the failure.

New User

The problem is gone since a week.

For several months I tried many things (including a different USB port), asked many people and had to live with the problem.

Now I needed a virtual cd and decided to try daemon tools lite again. I installed it and this time the virtual cd drive worked without a problem. So I tried my USB hard drive again, too, and it worked!

If you ask me, that means DTL caused the problem and this later version fixed it. The only other explanation I could imagine is some windows update hotfix. But I dont really believe that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12