Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daemon Tools and bfbc2 makes my computer freeze.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't find minidump...

Comment

Some (mostly serious) errors occur that sudden that the system can't even create a dump

Summarizing:
      - you get freezes after installation of DT or Alcohol
      - you still get freezes after uninstalling SPTD access layer (both manually or using the standalone)

Which manual guide did you use to remove SPTD ? The one from our DT lite help section ?
      Which motherboard do you have ?
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
        Some (mostly serious) errors occur that sudden that the system can't even create a dump

Summarizing:
        - you get freezes after installation of DT or Alcohol
        - you still get freezes after uninstalling SPTD access layer (both manually or using the standalone)

Which manual guide did you use to remove SPTD ? The one from our DT lite help section ?
        Which motherboard do you have ?
        The guide was from another forum, it was just to remove the stpd in system 32 my motherboard is GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0

Comment

In case you're using it:
          would you please temporarily uninstall the Gigabyte Dynamic Energy Saver ?

If the standalone SPTD installer doesn't work here's the guide how to manually remove SPTD:
          Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

In case you're using it:
            would you please temporarily uninstall the Gigabyte Dynamic Energy Saver ?

If the standalone SPTD installer doesn't work here's the guide how to manually remove SPTD:
            Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help
            I don't use Gigabyte Dynamic Energy Saver and I don't find stpd in my register...

Comment

Also I have another issue that I saw now... When my computer boots up it says I have 4GB memory and in windows it says 6GB (4GB usable) and cpu-z is finding all 6GB idk if these issues are related in anyway...

Comment

Originally Posted by Jeppezon View Post
                Also I have another issue that I saw now... When my computer boots up it says I have 4GB memory and in windows it says 6GB (4GB usable) and cpu-z is finding all 6GB idk if these issues are related in anyway...
                I don't think this issue is related to DAEMON Tools...

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
                  I don't think this issue is related to DAEMON Tools...
                  Nither do I but mabye to the chrashes...

Comment

Searching for "GA-X58A-UD3R 6GB 4GB" (or similar search terms) in Google shows that many have issues.
                    Can be defective/unsupported RAM, or old BIOS (you can try the latest BIOS version F5 if you have Revision 1.0 of that board).
                    Also have seen several reports about "bent pins on cpu socket" causing that kind of problem.

GA-X58A-UD3R + G Skill Ram = 4/6 GB Usable issue (with a twist)
                    Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Thread - [H]ard|Forum

Comment

Searching for "GA-X58A-UD3R 6GB 4GB" (or similar search terms) in Google shows that many have issues.
                      Can be defective/unsupported RAM, or old BIOS (you can try the latest BIOS version F5 if you have Revision 1.0 of that board).
                      Also have seen several reports about "bent pins on cpu socket" causing that kind of problem.

GA-X58A-UD3R + G Skill Ram = 4/6 GB Usable issue (with a twist)
                      Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Thread - [H]ard|Forum
                      Yeah, been looking around alot and the only thing I think it can be now is a bent pin have looked for it but it got to be...

Comment

Still got the same issue even tho I fixed the bent pin.

Comment

Did you contact the official support team ?

Comment

Did you contact the official support team ?
                            Sorry I haven't replied to this topic. I still got the same issue and now I wiped my HDD and haven't had daemon tools on it yet so it's not daemon tools related as ea and I thougt... Sorry.

Comment

Thanks for letting us know.
                              Good luck with finding the culprit.

Comment

Working...
                              X