Daemon Tools 3.47 on Windows x64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools 3.47 on Windows x64

I admit, I have avoided any newer versions of DT until now (because of problems with SCSI pass-thru driver).
    Anyways DT3.47.0 worked great for me through all the years and windozes, from 2000 thru XP (briefly) and 2003.
    But I have just built my new "upgraded" main machine with 6-cores and 16GB of memory, so obviously tomorrow I'll have to install Windows Vista Lite x64 (aka Windows 7) along linux, hence my question:
    Will DT3.47 work on Windows x64?
    If so - any problems because of 32-bit emulation?

I'd really hate to change from DT to another one, but if the only option is to use DT4.x (with SPTD) then I'll have no choice

What exactly Windows x64 version do you use? Vista or 7?

DAEMON Tools 3.47 is very old version. It isn't compatible with Windows Vista/7 and 64 bit systems. Use the lastest DT versions.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
      What exactly Windows x64 version do you use? Vista or 7?

DAEMON Tools 3.47 is very old version. It isn't compatible with Windows Vista/7 and 64 bit systems. Use the lastest DT versions.
      Win 7 x64
      Yes 3.47 doesn't work there.
      As I said, I don't want any latest DT version because of the SPTD problems with other software.
      I solved it by switching to Elby's latest Virtual Clone Drive. It runs great on Win 7 x64, doesn't require SPTD and coexists/works nicely with all other software (unlike latest DT with SPTD).

Comment

As you wish
        FYI: we plan to implement a possibility to work without SPTD for the next DT versions.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
          FYI: we plan to implement a possibility to work without SPTD for the next DT versions.
          Good!
          I'm sure there are some positive aspects of using SPTD, but personally I know negative ones only... IMHO tying DT to SPTD and forcing DT users to use SPTD was a mistake (just look at this forum how many problems posted here are SPTD related).
          I'll be happy to go back to DT as soon as you guys have non-SPTD version available again

Comment

Working...
          X