Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another The application is corrupted dialog

version : DT Pro adv. evaluation 4.36.03039.0160

It was running fine. But a few days later when I would start the main app this modal dialog box would appear during the license verification stage saying "The application is corrupted". I have read other threads which describe a similar dialog box on earlier version but no information as to the possible causes was given.

I clicked on OK and then the "choose license" dialog popped up (as it did during installation). After selecting "Trial License" then Edition, then a dialog box appeared saying "Trial
    License was successfully activated". The app then ran normally.

My question is what would cause the strange dialog in the first place? I do remember doing some system testing for a project I was working on that involved a couple of virtual machines (hosted by VirtualBox).

Any ideas???

thanx
    Last edited by professorx; 05.08.2010, 08:59.

Some security software may have denied access to some file of DT.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

avast is installed v5.0.594 but all real-time shields are disabled

Comment

Probably Avast has some kind of process guard and its definitions had a false positive without telling.
        Strange is only it is working after setting up Activation again.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

not directly related to this, but can you confirm that I will never be able to activate a trial installation of a later version of daemon tools once v4.36 expires?

Could you also confirm that the system id you keep is a one way hash?

thanks

Comment

After 3 years of DT Pro trial usage you still bother about such trivialities ?
            I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
            X