DT Net Edition, some suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT Net Edition, some suggestions

I recently got a 5 client version of DT Net.
    Server is installed on Win2008R2 Enterprise.

Some things I noticed:
    - Net Image Library only shows the same generic Icon for all Images, hope there will be an option in near future to show original Disk Icons
    - Device Letters for iSCSI mounts can't be changed in DT like other emulated drives, atm I have to use windows integrated tools.
    - I can't change Installation-Name of clients, at server there is that option like in DT Pro Adv.

other Suggestions
    - Clients should be able to "upload" Images to Server in DT via Drag&Drop
    - if that can't be implemented, there should be an option to autoscan Image folder at server and autoadd images to shared library.
    (Atm I upload Images to server via SMB and add them manually at RemoteDesktop)
    - maybe some client rights management to create "personal" folders at net image library

Thank you for suggestions! They will be discussed

Comment

Suggestion: Is there any way to disable the splash screen at DT Pro/Net startup and just have the program do the license check and initialization in the background? Maybe add a disable splash screen at startup to the preferences menu. Feel free to comment on this idea.

Comment

Hmm.... I'll discuss your suggestion with project manager, but I'm not sure it is a good idea. I think there are some technical reasons to show this splash screen.

Comment

Working...
        X