Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gothic 2 new Patch; Daemon donґt work anymore

Hi!
    Since the new Beta-patch for Gothic 2 , Daemon-tool mounted images dosenґt work anymore..
    Too bad! :cry:

You are the second one reporting it - will be fixed ASAP ...
    but as christmas is right around the corner give us a little more time :wink: :roll:
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

@ swenske
      that the savegame doesenґt work anymore is not a error from Daemon, it is the patch..

Comment

Burn your image to a CD with Alcohol120% and RMPS-Option enabled and the 1.29 Patch will work just fine (as fine as it's supposed to work fine, since it's buggy as well :x );
        INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
        when you start with the CD and have Alc120% emulate your DPM-Data.

Besides you save a 650 MB of disk space

The Shadow

Comment

yeah... already thought about writing it to a disk. Can somebody check out, if its working with Blindwrite, too?

Both ALC120 and Daemontools are blacklisted again with the new Securom introduced in Gothic 2 Patch 1.29

sgt

Comment

Has v1.29 blacklisted Alcohol 120% 1.3.6.1123?! I think Alcohol has been released after the patch...
            And you should be able to burn it to a disk with Alcohol, much more safely (speaking of long-term availability) than with Blindwrite.
            See here to get more information about burning; last paragraph of the first posting.

HTH

Sergei
            "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

ok.... I tried with Blindwrite with Gothic2 V. 1.29, and it works.

The MDS-File was made with latest Alcohol, because the Blindwrite bundled Tool is buggy. Then I converted it to BWA and wrote it on a CD-RW (I dont wanna waste a CD-R ... and the copy is working.

The MDS-File was read with Sony CRX-100E at 8x Speed.
              The image was written with Toshiba SDR-1202 to Memorex CD-RW.

Versions:

Alcohol 1.3.6 (Build 1223)
              BlindWrite 4.2.7.39

1.29 HAS blacklisted both Alcohol and Daemon-Tools (latest versions)

Comment

'course i meant alcohol 120% v1.3.6.1223.

thanks for the info...

Sergei
                "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Just wanted to mention the behavior:

With simple copying of the disk (without DPM);
                  the disk is detected immediately after starting Gothic 2.
                  To be more precise, the mousecursor changes to a CD and then back to normal. The game wont run at all, and theres no warning.

With use of DPM and Alc120 or Daemon-Tools, the game runs the test in the beginning like above, but this time, it is running.
                  The first in-game videos appear, then the menu of the game. Somehow, about 30-40 seconds after starting the game (the intro videos, menu, and at least some game loading are included within this time);
                  the game quits and drops back to desktop. (like quitting the task)

sgt

Comment

That is really strange.
                    Cuz the 1.29 works for me just fine with my RMPS-EMU CD.

Maybe JoWood released a new 1.29 Patch secretly which has Alcohol blacklisted now.

Any other ideas ??

The Shadow

Comment

I'll check that, stay tuned

Comment

no start at all

I have the same Problem as sgtSummoner, but I can't get it to run at all.

When I start the game the cursor changes to a CD and the nothing more happens (gothic just terminates silently)

I'm having the 3.Disk on my HDD and trying to get it to run with Gothic 1.29 and DT 3.29.

I tried all combinations of Securom & RMPS, but no changes.

BrainKiller

Comment

Re: no start at all

Originally Posted by BrainKiller
                          I have the same Problem as sgtSummoner, but I can't get it to run at all.

When I start the game the cursor changes to a CD and the nothing more happens (gothic just terminates silently)

I'm having the 3.Disk on my HDD and trying to get it to run with Gothic 1.29 and DT 3.29.

I tried all combinations of Securom & RMPS, but no changes.

BrainKiller
                          You will need a good MDS- or BWA-Image of the third disk or it wont work. You can use the tool, delivered with Blindwrite ("Physical Characteristics Dumper") to make such an image. It should look like this to be correct:

If yer CD-ROM Drive istn capable of delivering such an image, try another PCs drive. (the file is very small and fits on a 3"1/2-disk)

greets
                          sgt

Comment

thank you... now it works

BrK

Comment

Working...
                            X