Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: need help on handling protected software

New User

Default need help on handling protected software

I need help on handling protected software using the Daemon Tools. I have a few dictionary softwares which require the CD-ROM to be loaded into the CD/DVD drive to run. However, I find it inconvenient to work with my netbook PC that doesn't have a build-in optical drive since I have carry the portable drive and connect it to the netbook everytime I use the dictionary. Could anyone advise if the Daemon Tools Lite could copy and mount the disc image and run the problem without using the optical drive?

What's the name of that dictionary software ?
    Please scan the installation directory of your software with a Protection Scanner like Protection iD.

Protection ID

If Protection iD doesn't find a protection please upload a screenshot of the error message you get when starting the app without the CD inserted.
    Last edited by Blazkowicz : 31.07.2010 at 12:33
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

New User

It is Chinese dictionary I brought for learning Chinese and the error messages are in Chinese too

I take that as PiD didn't find a protection.
    Chinese or not; the look of the message might help to determine the protection.

To return to your initial question:
    if the protection is only a simple CD/DVD check then an image created with DT lite might do the job.
    Just try and let us know
    Last edited by Terramex : 01.08.2010 at 14:59
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

New User

Thanks for the advice. I will try it and revert later if necessary.

Sorry, if forgot to mention that even if it's no "advanced" protection it's recommended to create the image in mds/mdf or mdx format - not ISO.