Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars Empire at War Gold

Hi all,

I'd like to make an image of my 'Star Wars Empire at War Gold' dvd (disc swapping getting to me) for use with DT 4 Pro Adv.

Has anyone been able to do the above successfully? If so, I'd really appreciate the steps needed to do so - as I've yet to find a clearcut answer/methodology, from under a dozen threads I read regarding this game.

All help appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jordan

Use New SecuROM profile.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick & helpful response Blazkowicz!

Jordan

Comment

Re: Star Wars Empire at War Gold

Hi Jordan and Blazkowicz,

I've got the "Star Wars empire at wars Gold Pack" in german from 2009.

Unfortunately, although creating an image with setting "New SecuROM" I get the error message:
        "Original dic could not be found or authenticated".

Do you have any further tips?

Thanks,
        Peter

Comment

Try changing DPM speed.
          Peace Through Power

Comment

Re: Star Wars Empire at War Gold

already tried 16.0x and 2.4x ... but neither worked.

should I vary the "reading speed" as well?
            should "ignore bad blocks" be marked?
            is the default "3" in "retries on bad blocks" ok?

Comment

@pemu
              Browsing official & unofficial Lucasarts Forums you can find many people having problems with that title - even installation fails for many. Maybe some faulty pressing.

Please try the attached MDS file instead of yours.
              If that doesn't help to pass the check as well please have a look at the advice in this post.
              Attached Files
              I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

@Pemo
                Unfortunately, although creating an image with setting "New SecuROM" I get the error message:
                "Original dic could not be found or authenticated".

Strange, it worked for me, even with Deamon Tools Lite. I created the disk image with Alcohol 52% and used YASU for drive cloaking.(-> no special stuff). I have the german version, too, but I think my one is a bit older nevertheless it should work after cloaking the drive(s).

Comment

@DTF
                  Hi, which DT Pro version and which DVD drive (vendor, model) did you use to create your image(s) ?
                  Do you still have the MDS file created with DT Pro ? If yes, would you please upload to some filehoster ?
                  I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Hi Terramax,

I've got DT Pro 4.30.0305.0077
                    and a "HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH10L" DVD-writer (whatever this is).

Thanks,
                    Peter

Comment

Hey Terramex,

That's great, I've just tried the attached MDS file - and it seems to work! At least the game does not abort with an error message during startup.

I'll guess I have to let my kids verify this at the end.

What did you do different than I that it worked?

Thanks,
                      Peter

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
                      @pemu
                      Browsing official & unofficial Lucasarts Forums you can find many people having problems with that title - even installation fails for many. Maybe some faulty pressing.

Please try the attached MDS file instead of yours.
                      If that doesn't help to pass the check as well please have a look at the advice in this post.

Comment

His drive can produce better DPMs.
                        Peace Through Power

Comment

@pemu
                          After taking a look at the GH10L firmware that drive reveals to have a Renesas chipset, which is mostly capable of good DPM - but as it's an OEM drive made for HP this can't be said with certainty.

If not up to date you can try again with this Firmware:
                          HL-DT-ST GH10L DVD-R/RW Drive Firmware Update HP Pavilion a6418l Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Please also stop all dispensable programs/services (at least the demanding ones), or in general: create as little CPU load as possible and leave the PC alone during the DPM.

It also might be that your drive is quite worn out, and last but not least it can still be a faulty pressing.

Comment

Help..

So, For the past hour or two, I've been playing with SWEaW..Trying to figure this out, The only thing I see that I need would be Autoloader, Which ISNT in the downloads link of this site, Unless its in one of the 4 downloads there...(Excuse me, I am a newb here, And to mounting disks, So help, If you could.)

Comment

What is your exact problem Siwarone?
                              Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                              X