No announcement yet.

Quake 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I haven't tried Quake 2 in virtual drive D:, I didn't think it would make a difference since it doesn't use SafeDisc protection. I did uninstall Undying since the last post, and re-installed it using virtual drive D:, it made no difference. I'll just use your mini image for now. I don't plan on playing Undying any time soon anyway, I just wanted to get it working.

Since I changed virtual drive letters that weren't being used to lower letters, the SCSI numbers are mixed around, I'm sure this doesn't make a difference or you wouldn't be able to change drive letters, right?.

Comment

Originally Posted by Zeolites View Post
      No, I haven't tried Quake 2 in virtual drive D:, I didn't think it would make a difference since it doesn't use SafeDisc protection.
      I don't have Quake II, but i read it in several places.
      It's been also confirmed in this thread: http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f19/dt-...cd-roms-27187/
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Blazkowicz mentioned using mds, but that's the same as mdx, only it's spread in parts instead of a single file, correct?.

Comment

Originally Posted by Zeolites View Post
          Blazkowicz mentioned using mds, but that's the same as mdx, only it's spread in parts instead of a single file, correct?.
          Correct

I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I uninstalled Quake 2 once again, and reinstalled it using virtual drive D:. I can now hear the the CD music and am very happy, thanks guys!.

Oh, and I remember that answer you gave me, I was just wondering why it would work as mds and not mdx.
            Last edited by Zeolites; 06.10.2010, 10:41.

Comment

Working...
            X