Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT fails after updating Commodo Firewall

Hi,

after updating Commodo Firewall DT won't work anymore.
    So i deinstalled it and i can't re-install it (Error 14).

Win 7, 64-Bit

Any hints?

Disable D+ completely (the option requires a reboot).
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Here is how I fixed it.

Originally Posted by almodo View Post
      Hi,

after updating Commodo Firewall DT won't work anymore.
      So i deinstalled it and i can't re-install it (Error 14).

Win 7, 64-Bit

Any hints?
      See here:

Comment

DT causes buffer owerflow attack, and comodo defense+ will block it. If you are able to see alarm window from comodo, you can click on "ignore for this application" or something similar. Disable defense because of 1 app is not a very good idea.

Are you guys preparing DT to be virus carrier or what?

Comment

Hi
          Do you understand HIPS philosophy?
          Defence+ is HIPS module included into Comodo Internet Security.
          Such security modules do not use any signature-based methods to detect harmful software.
          HIPS systems just intercept most of Windows API functions which can be used to brake (at least Comodo Defence+ thinks that such API can be dangerous) your OS and request for user decision in such cases.
          You do not need to disable Defence+ module forever. You need to disable this module for a time to be able to install DAEMON Tools and then enable it again.
          Here you can find similar discussion in Comodo official forum
          https://forums.comodo.com/empty-t62170.0.html and this discussion has status [RESOLVED]
          Welcome to the dark side, my dear padavan. We have cookies

Comment

Originally Posted by SUPPORT2 View Post
            Hi
            Do you understand HIPS philosophy?
            Defence+ is HIPS module included into Comodo Internet Security.
            Such security modules do not use any signature-based methods to detect harmful software.
            HIPS systems just intercept most of Windows API functions which can be used to brake (at least Comodo Defence+ thinks that such API can be dangerous) your OS and request for user decision in such cases.
            You do not need to disable Defence+ module forever. You need to disable this module for a time to be able to install DAEMON Tools and then enable it again.
            Here you can find similar discussion in Comodo official forum
            https://forums.comodo.com/empty-t62170.0.html and this discussion has status [RESOLVED]
            "DTLite4356-001.exe tried to execute shellcode as a result of a possible buffer owerflow attack. This is typical of a buffer owerflow attack. Comodo Defense+ has already isolated DTLite4356-001.exe from the rest of the system....."

It is the same for DTLite.exe and DTLiteHlp.exe so after installation comodo keeps screaming and stopping DT after each start. So svitch off defense+ for installation isn't sufficient.
            That alert doesn't seem to be much general, it looks to me pretty specific. Anyhow, I will look to comodo forums.

Comment

Please, read CIS FAQ at App. is not working correctly, but does not seem to be s/boxed. What to do? [v5]
              Welcome to the dark side, my dear padavan. We have cookies

Comment

try adding DTLite.exe to your Computer Security Policy in Defense+Rules /Application System Activity Control /browse nav to the install folder select exe and apply

Comment

Working...
                X