Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Error message after Windows Update

Default Error message after Windows Update

I am getting the message:
    "This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher. Kernel debugger must be deactivated."

This started happening after a windows update. The updates applied were KB915597, KB2158563, KB2416471, KB2416427, KB2416472, and KB979538.

I am running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

The security software I am currently using is avast! Antivirus and Comodo Firewall. I have tried disabling both with no effect.

I've tried removing Daemon Tools and SPTD by uninstalling and also manually through registry. After reinstalling there is no change. I have tried manually updating SPTD with the absolute newest version (1.74) here: DuplexSecure - Downloads, with no effect.

Here is a list of processes I am currently running:

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

You have to deactivate D+ (in Comodo's options search for an option which requires a reboot) and then reboot.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

New User

I had to register here just to say thanks, disabling Defense+ PERMANENTLY in the checkbox in the Comodo settings did it! It's not sufficient just to disable it via the right-clicking on the icon in the activity bar, but one must do it by checking the box for disabling it permanantly. My, did I try just everything else--disabling antivirus, firewall, kernel debugging, un/re-installing DT and SPTD mulitple times, deleting registry posts, etc--until finding this.

Good luck, everyone! And thanks for Daemon Tools!

New User

Pretty much same situation as this guy - i have been using Aivra for last few months, problem occurred for the first time 3 or 4 days ago. Didn't install anything new but windows updates.

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

Which exact version and edition of Avira?
    Peace Through Power

New User

Avira AntiVir Personal - the free one
    Product version 10.0.0.567

Want me to provide screens of whole version information including search engines / virus databes etc?

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

You get exactly the msg like the op or "internal error"?
    If the same, try removing SPTD completely and reinstall (check daemonpro-help.com for instructions).
    If not, please post list of running processes.
    Peace Through Power

New User

Yes, i got exactly the same problem as op this is why i decided to post it here. Apparently, turning avira off and clearing registry of spdt files worked. Problem is gona so far, thanks for your help