Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same image, different results on 2 commputers

Hi,

I'm trying to use a CD protected by securom 7.42 on my netbook which doesn't have a CD-drive. It's a... (blush) maths interactive book.

I made a mdf/mds image on my desktop computer,and using DTA+DTE everything works fine there.

However, when I copy the images onto my netbook, using DTA+DTE as well, I get the "please insert original disk" message from securom. I even tried to make another image directly with the netbook, using an external usb drive from a friend, but I get the same message...

If anyone has any idea...

Originally Posted by Stardawn View Post
    ...I get the "please insert original disk" message from securom.
    Most common reasons for that error message are:

- bad Data Position Measurement (very unlikely as it works at the desktop PC)
    - high CPU load
    - Security software disturbing the check / messing up the emulation timing
    - overclocking
    - (very) fragmented HDD
    - SecuROM f****** around

Regarding that last point: people reported they solved that problem by uninstalling other apps/games protected by SecuROM.
    I don't know if there are any; if not, my first starting point would be to use the official SecuROM Removal Tool.
    After its usage reboot and try again.
    If it still doesn't work please stop/deactivate all dispendable services/programs and try again.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
      If it still doesn't work please stop/deactivate all dispendable services/programs and try again.
      This fixed it. Poor atom trying to launch an enormous Flash10 thing, on top of all the crapware that was bloating the netbook.

Thanks a lot for the help !!

Comment

You're welcome
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
        X