no virtual drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no virtual drivers

after installing DTL and adding a virtual drive it doesn't work. there is no drive letter nor can i assign one due to engine error 8. also when checking device manager there is no virtual driver located only the original. i have tried reinstalling and uninstalling. adding multiple drivers but still nothing works. when i mount an image it wont auto run. unsure what is wrong so any help would be nice. thanks

upon further searching i found the virtual drive but it is located under other devices. how can i move it to cdrom area so i can actually use it since it still has no letter assigned to it nor will it load anything that i mount.

Comment

Try to install driver for it.
      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
      Peace Through Power

Comment

i tried to select a drive letter for it and i get the engine error code 8.

Comment

also when trying to update or find drivers for it i get a message saying there are none or none is need for it. the device is working properly and windows could not find any software or drivers or updates for the device.

Comment

Please download this tool: busTRACE Filter Driver Load Order
            Execute, on the left select you real optical drive and tell us which upper and lower filters are present.
            I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

i am running windows 7 ultimate 64x if that helps any and the program you suggested i download and us does not support this operating system. should i go ahead and try it anyways?

this is the location of it in properties within my device manager Bus Number 0, Target ID 0, LUN 0

Comment

Originally Posted by lamenting View Post
                should i go ahead and try it anyways?
                It should work with Win 7 x64 - haven't tried though.

Please also have a look here.
                I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

ok tried disabling firewall and avast anti virus to see if it was blocking DT but to no avail. still the same problem. so i will try downloading that program up above to see if it works.

Comment

Working...
                  X