Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create a copy protected CD

Hi,all.

I know this is different than the usual posts at this forum as I am ASKING FOR HELP on creating a copy-protected CD, but I HOPE I can find it here.

I am working on a compiled HTML help file (.chm) that I want to distribute on a CD to my colleagues. I want this CD to be copy-protected so that no one can copy neither the hole CD nor the .chm file alone.

I know that your DaemonTools
    is able to emulate nearly all known copy protections on the market today.
    , so I am not looking for an unbreakable protection, what I need is:

1. A fiarly good protection that can not be overriden simply by getting a 1:1 image copy software or other straight-foreward ways.

2. Easy-to-setup method and easy-to-duplicate for me as a home user.

3. The needed software, preferably a freeware, a shareware, or ANYTHING else you recommend.

4. The needed CD writer. (Can I manage with AOpen)

Your help is greatly appreciated and THANKS in advance.

Re: Create a copy protected CD

Originally Posted by c357323
    1. A fiarly good protection that can not be overriden simply by getting a 1:1 image copy software or other straight-foreward ways.
    I don't think such a thing is available for free (or a small fee)...

In fact the only copy protection that comes to my mind which does this (currently) would be Starforce...

And you definitly won't be able to burn that with your cd-burner (because if you could others could too...)

so i don't think theres a cheap and easy way to do what you want...

Comment

Re: Create a copy protected CD

Let's put the price aside for a while and talk about the concept.
      Originally Posted by c357323
      ANYTHING else you recommend.
      Also:
      Originally Posted by M_A_D
      And you definitly won't be able to burn that with your cd-burner (because if you could others could too...)
      The protection I am seeking depends on additional tricks that make copying difficult, not merely dependent on the power of the CD writer.

THANK YOU

Comment

Working...
      X