The computer freeze when the virtual device updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The computer freeze when the virtual device updates

Hi! I have tried to download many different versions of deamon tools but every time the install is finnished and the virtual device tries to update the computer freeze and I cannot do anything. I have windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and have tried to update SPTD to version 1.75 too and tried to run the program as a administrator but the same thing happens and the computer freezes. I would appreciate some help as soon as someone have a tip.

Thank you!

Do you use any security software? Some security software may block STPD work.

Comment

I use Norman Security Suite and I have the windows firewall on if that's what you mean. I also have McAfee security scan plus. Do you think any of these can be the problem?

Comment

Having 2 AVs installed is very bad, please uninstall one and try then again.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Does Mcafee Security Scan plus count as a Anti Virus program? I think I got it when I registered Norman Security Suite and as i understands it Mcafee security Scan plus only searches the computer and checks that I have a Anti Virus program and so on so can that really be the problem?

Thanks for your answers!

Comment

According to description site:

Detects malware, trojans, and potentially unwanted programs in running processes and modules loaded by these processes. It also scans browser history and cookies
            Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
            Peace Through Power

Comment

I have now uninstalled Mcafee Security Scan Plus and still the same thing happens when i install Daemon tools, nothing happens on the "updating virtual devices" screen and I cannot start any other program at the same time either so I have to restart the computer. If I start daemon tools after the restart the same thing happens again. I have now tried another program with the same functions (Alcohol 120%) to see if it works but the problem is still the same... nothing happens on the "updating virtual devices" screen and I have to restart the computer again.

Comment

Working...
              X