Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Daemon Tools and SPTD Installation Problems

New User

Default Daemon Tools and SPTD Installation Problems

Hello there,

im having some Problems with SPTD and Daemon tools lite lately.
    at first all relevant information: Im Running Xp sp3 x86 with Avira Antivir as the only Security System.

I need to say that im quite good at computing, but this Problem is really hard to solve even for me.So here is the Problem:

Yesterday i restarted my Pc and Daemon tools says the Error: "Initialization Error, this Program requires at Least Windows 2000 etc"

so i thought..."well i installed Visual Studio 2010 with its debug feature...so lets deinstall it..." i tryd a little and i dont know...i think i started and deactivated Dr. Watson.

Well now both is deinstalled or deactivated, so i thought..."well lets try to delete DT and SPTD and completly reainstall it"...but here the Problem.

After Trying a few Solutions here from the Forum i ended up with just trying to get SPTD to work, before i do anything with DT. I Tryed all the Solutions posted here, but no matter what i do, i cant get it to work.

Here´s what i get after a BLANK installation for SPTD (no files left, no registry entrys left): "No SPTD version was Detected"...well all fine..i hit install."failed to open Server key"...ok no problem i reboot.

After that, installation works:"You need to reboot for changes to take effect.", so rebooting...aye aye sir...and after that, just to check if the installation worked:"Current SPTD installation cannot be validated by setup"...
    well how about DT:"Internal Setup error.Error Code: 14. Contact support." well i ignored the last Sentence for the last 20 tryes, but know im lost...i tryd it with activated AV, with deactivated AV, by trying to
    create a new windows User and install it there etc..well nothing worked and i allway get "Current SPTD installation"-Error.I really need help here.

PS: No Unuasual Processes are running..i have had Antivir searching for Viruses after a few Trys, but he only can find a few dangerous cookies, wich are know removed.

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

Please run this batch file and then please attach c:\log.txt.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

My log file...the same problem like Nealas

New User

log.txt was to large for attachment

EDIT Blaz: Zipped the log file for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Blazkowicz : 02.01.2011 at 19:02

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

sano.sano, you are running Comodo, therefore the error.
    Comodo Internet Security 2011's Defense+ is interfering with DT. Therefore you have to deactivate the service completely and reboot (Defense+ tab -> Defense+ Settings -> Check "Deactivate the Defense+ permanently (Requires a system restart) -> Reboot)

@Nealas
    Did you have install Sophos Anti-Rootkit (MEMSWEEP2 service)?
    If no, then please open regedit (Start -> Run -> regedit) -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Simbad):
    There search for "Start", doube click -> 4 -> OK -> Reboot.

If non-working then, please change it back to previous state.
    Last edited by Blazkowicz : 02.01.2011 at 20:31
    Peace Through Power

New User

I Have istalled it, but only after the Problem occured.I used it, to check if a Rootkit causes the Trouble, but it didnt found anything.

Currently its installed and reg key is on state "4"

New User

any suggestions?

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

Please send a message using this form with description and a link to this thread, thank you.
    Peace Through Power

New User

well..i think...Problem solved. The New Sptd Version works Perfect.Dont know what has caused the Problem, but know it works.

Anyway thanks for your time and help.

Nealas