Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with SafeDisc v.2 Image Creation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with SafeDisc v.2 Image Creation...

Hello friends,

Testing DT Pro Advanced Trial (trying to ditch Alcohol 120%) and I keep getting an error at 97% consistently despite various settings and speeds under the "SafeDisc" profile when attempting to make an image of my OFFICIAL LEGIT Max Payne disc I bought back in 2002 when this great game was new and I know it is protected by SafeDisc v.2.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with all latest updates, Kaspersky Anti-Virus and Outpost Firewall Pro as backgrounded tasks.

Please refer to my attached screenshot "DT Pro Advanced.jpg" for my burner brand, model, and the error I'm recieving...

Then please refer to my other screenshot "Settings.jpg" to check my settings for attempting to create my image.
    Attached Files

Any spots or scratches in the outer area of the CD ?
    I'm asking because a defective sector at 97% isn't typical for Safedisc media.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
      Any spots or scratches in the outer area of the CD ?
      I'm asking because a defective sector at 97% isn't typical for Safedisc media.
      Hi "Terramex", thank you very much for getting back to me, your help is highly appreciated. Well, I've examined my disc very carefully, and no spots, but there are a few light scratches all over the disc from being in my DVD binder over the years. Although, I see your point...it is most plausible that my disc is old, and just worn out over the years. I've attached a pic of the disc to show you what I mean, no spots, discolorations, not bent, never been exposed to water or extreme heat (except the disc drives hehe).

I've created many images from this disc with Alcohol 120% and they've all been successful when mounting the image to play Max Payne without the retail disc...so I'm wondering, is DAEMON Tools Pro Advanced more sensitive when it comes to damaged discs and such?

While I anticipate your response, I while try another SafeDisc protected disc I have and see if I get any errors with various settings under the safedisc profile.

Thank you for reading "Terramex"
      Attached Files

Comment

Would you please cross-check whether or not it's working fine with Alcohol 52%/120% atm ?
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Hello again Terramex, well as expected by yourself, and supected by myself...my Max Payne disc must be damaged...I installed Alcohol 120% v.2.0.1.2033 (latest) back onto my PC (hopefully there's no conflict between it and DT Pro) and it was going about 15x humming along until it slammed a wall at 97%...from there it crawled for 25 minutes at 0.1x and then I just cancelled.

Although, I must say I am impressed that Alcohol 120% didn't just quit...why does DT Pro behave that way (to just quit immediately)? Is there a way to make DT Pro not quit on me like that? A damaged image is better than no image at all, ya know...besides...it still installs my game correctly and all I'm trying to use the image for is starting the game without the retail disc in my drive.

I've attached the Alcohol 120% screenshot although it's not of much further use for you. I was going to try another SafeDisc disc to make sure it wasn't my burner, or something software related, but I saw your reply and took this course first.

Well thank you for reading and I look forward to hearing from you again.
          Attached Files

Comment

You may try another profile which has the option "Ignore read errors".
            Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
            Peace Through Power

Comment

I just found on the net that it seems to be normal for Max Payne to have the Safedisc-typical defective sectors at the end of the disc (Sector 347779-357324) instead of the beginning - i've never seen that before

So it seems DT Pro has a problem with that title whereas Alcohol at least skips those erroneous sectors - even though very slow with your drive. To speed up that process you can try the so called Fastdump method:

- activate the Safedisc/Bad sector emulation option in DT Pro or Alcohol
              - start Max Payne with the original disc
              - exit the game
              - immediately start image creation with DT Pro or Alcohol

Comment

@Terramex, can you elaborate more? In DT Pro, I went to Tools\Preferences\Advanced, then checked "SafeDisc" emulation. I then went to start Max Payne with my retail disc, starting playing, quit the game, and started the "make an image" in DT Pro, and it quit at 97%

Also, Terramex, where did you go to find out that Max Payne has the SafeDisc defective sectors at the end of the disc? I'd like to know for any further reference.

@Blazkowicz, is it OK to just change the profile from what we know is a SafeDisc protected disc, to anything else ("Old SecuROM" profile for example), and it still create a useable 1:1 image? Or at least supposed to work, because I've tried that profile with all combos of settings, nothing worked, I then tried "StarForce", didn't work either...I'm determined though!!!

Well, thank you for reading

Comment

Originally Posted by neowillendit View Post
                  ...and started the "make an image" in DT Pro, and it quit at 97%
                  I was hoping it would then work with DT Pro - unfortunately it doesn't, so i would try that method again with Alcohol.
                  If Fastdump doesn't work you need to have patience and let the errors pass slowly.

Originally Posted by neowillendit View Post
                  Also, Terramex, where did you go to find out that Max Payne has the SafeDisc defective sectors at the end of the disc?
                  SlySoft Forum - View Single Post - Max Payne1

It's been a veeery long time, but afair the european version had the errors at the beginning of the disc.

Comment

Working...
                  X