RESOLVED: Daemon tools pro drive error: 1500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RESOLVED: Daemon tools pro drive error: 1500

I just installed daemon tools lite on my computer and when I try to run it I always get this error message:

Daemon tools pro drive error: 1500

And then it doesn't run. What does this error mean and how do I fix it?

Thanks for any help.

Thank you for the information. You can update DAEMON Tools driver manually to fix the problem.

Right-click on My Computer icon -> select Manage menu item -> navigate to Device Manager in Computer Management window.
    Then unfold System Devices in the right side of the window and find "Unknown" device. Right-click on this device and click "Update Driver..." menu item.
    In "Update Driver" wizard select "yes, this time only" and update the driver. "DAEMON Tools Virtual Bus Driver" device will appear.

Now, you can run DAEMON Tools and check the problem.

Updated DAEMON Tools version will be released soon.

P.S. In case driver is not found automatically, set DAEMON Tools installation folder as search location.
    Last edited by Sway; 19.01.2011, 12:01. Reason: .

Comment

Hi, I got exactly the same problem. Moreover, I cannot find the file DAEMONToolsLog.zip after I followed the first 7 steps.

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
      Is the problem reproducible even after system reboot?

We need special logs from your system:
      1. Please, download "DTLogger.exe" from our FTP server http://files.disc-soft.com/download/DTLogger.exe
      2. Run DTLogger.exe and click Install.
      3. Then select "Common logging" option and click RUN.
      4. Run DTPro to get "error 1500".
      5. Return to DTLogger window and click STOP.
      6. Then click Finish.
      7. Explorer window will be opened in user profile folder.
      8. Find "DAEMONToolsLog.zip" file.
      9. Attach this file to your post OR send it to support-eml@disc-soft.com with the link to current thread.

Comment

Please search for "Documents.zip" in %SystemDrive%
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

I'm having the same problem and I've searched my entire computer for that file and can't find it.

Comment

Documents.zip

I also find my Documents!!! Then???

Comment

Originally Posted by kirara33 View Post
              I'm having the same problem and I've searched my entire computer for that file and can't find it.
              Maybe that' the reason:
              Common file and registry virtualization issues in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
              I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I also get the same thing as josephlin0714, no daemontoolslog.zip file.

I have windows xp service pack 2 and the program I'm using is daemon tools LITE not daemon tools PRO. So I don't understand why I even get that error message considering I have dt lite.

Comment

I am also having the same issue. I have been using Daemon Tools for years, and this is the first time I have ever had an issue with it. I am trying to install the latest version on a fresh install of Windows XP Profession 32-bit. Immediately after installing Daemon Tools Lite, it attempts to install new virtual drive drivers, but is interrupted by a "Pro Drive Error 1500" error. I have attached my debug logs, as well as my installation log. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.
                  Attached Files

Comment

2all: Please send us your msinfo.

Comment

Hi!
                      We need MSInfo reports from all guys who posted logs.
                      Open Start menu -> Run... -> type msinfo32.exe and press Enter.
                      Save generated report as NFO file.
                      Thank you for the information beforehand.
                      Welcome to the dark side, my dear padavan. We have cookies

Comment

Originally Posted by rrm74001 View Post
                        I am also having the same issue. I have been using Daemon Tools for years, and this is the first time I have ever had an issue with it. I am trying to install the latest version on a fresh install of Windows XP Profession 32-bit. Immediately after installing Daemon Tools Lite, it attempts to install new virtual drive drivers, but is interrupted by a "Pro Drive Error 1500" error. I have attached my debug logs, as well as my installation log. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.
                        Attached is my msinfo32 report. The forum does not allow .NFO file extensions, so I zipped it. Thank you very much for your support.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by rrm74001 View Post
                          Attached is my msinfo32 report. The forum does not allow .NFO file extensions, so I zipped it. Thank you very much for your support.
                          By the way, I don't know if it matters, but that report was made after I uninstalled Daemon Tools. It kept making 2 "Unknown Devices" in my Device Manager every time I rebooted.

Comment

Here is my documents.zip file, I don't know how to zip my msinfo file.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I found an older installer for Daemon Tools Lite, version 4.35.6.0091. It appears to have installed correctly and is working beautifully. The only obvious thing that I noticed that was different with the installer is that it forced me to install the SPID, along with the Daemon Tools core files.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X