1 to 1 copying with Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 to 1 copying with Windows 7

A few years ago I read on the DT site how to make one to one copies of protected game discs. It had a list of programs you can use. I tried a few of them, including blindread (which seems to have disappeared) and ddump (which also seems to have disappeared off the web, but I still have a local copy). I liked ddump the best. It always seemed to work. Now that I've upgraded to Windows 7, I can't get it to work. It doesn't like any version of wnaspi32.dll that I've downloaded, including one that works in Windows XP. So, have any of you gotten ddump to work on Windows 7? If not, what other free app can make local one-to-one iso files from protected game discs? I don't want to spend $55 on Alcohol 120% if there's any other option.

Also, it's a bit confusing having two threads for "copy methods". Hope I'm using the right one.

If you only want to use images and not burned copies, you could try the free version of Alcohol 52%. It can be found here.

Comment

Solved! Thank you

Originally Posted by Reef View Post
      If you only want to use images and not burned copies, you could try the free version of Alcohol 52%. It can be found here.
      That worked perfectly. Had I known about this, I might have left ddump behind a long time ago. I do wonder, can these image files be burned to another disk with another program like Nero, and retain the encryption?

Comment

No. Alcohol & DT pro are the only program that can burn mdf/mds or mdx files.

FYI :
        * ISO files does not contain data about protection.
        * Blindread is now know as blindwrite.

Comment

Working...
        X