Opens CD's as files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opens CD's as files

Sorry if this has been asked, I cannot find the answers in the stickies, faq's or anywhere. I am trying to play a CD but instead of it mounting, it acts like a USB drive or something.

Running Win 7 Starter
    1.66Ghz
    1Gb ram (2 Gb readyboost memory)
    no CD drive (as this is a netbook)

no error message but this is what happens when I mount anything

also sorry about taking sway, its usually mine and I might forget it if i dont put it in (the username)

It depends on CD content how Autoplay reacts. If that is a simple data CD the behaviour is normal.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

its not, its a program add on and using the program (rosetta Stone) it doesn't detect the language pack either.

Comment

This is normal behaviour as it is a data disk not containing any special files (only application data there).

You have more likely a protection issue (Rosetta disks are protected by SafeDisc and therefore the image must be created with SafeDisc profile from the Original disk).
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

I have used Daemon tools on my full sized viao with Rosetta and it works flawlessly. it doesn't think that it is just data and when I open rosetta stone, it installs the language pack. this is not the case, it is the same iso image, same everything but Rosetta stone won't recognize it as a language pack. it tells me that there is no cd in the drive and asks if I want to try again. I have tried multiple language packs and nothing seems to work.

Comment

ok I got it. I switched it to advanced mode for daemontools and turned on safedisk thinking that it would emulate safedisk or something. it worked. thanks Blazkowicz

Comment

Working...
            X