Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need help! daemon tool deleted my cd rom????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help! daemon tool deleted my cd rom????

ok here's what happened...i installed daemon tools and it set up properly as the E: drive. in the process i lost my D: drive.....no idea how it happened but it did.

this happened to me last time that i installed daemon tools on win 98...decided to give it another try now that i am on xp and a newer version was out...

and it happened again.

pertinent information : no i did not install anything else. yes daemon tools runs fine. no, nothing was deleted.

plain and simple, i installed daemon tools and my cd rom is not showing up at all now.

thinking that maybe something conflicts, like a driver or something...but my question is this...i have now deleted daemon tools and ran "install new hardware"...it detected and installed the cdrom supposedly, but it is not showing up at all when i search the control panel, etc.

now, has anyone else had this problem? i can't remember how i fixed it last time and i'm pretty much at my wits end. i really need my cd-rom back quick as possible, and i would appreciate any advice.

thanks to any and all with information.

I can't really imagine what the problem is, but if you just need to get data from your CD drive quickly, and not to burn onto it, I'd suggest either using the DOS-emulator in XP, or booting from a real DOS start floppy, and then accessing the CD drive. XP has the tendency to not show up things in explorer or other tools, though it is possible to access them from it's DOS emulation (similiar with other computers that explorer claims it can't reach but a ping or ftp from DOS works).

You might also try to directly enter D:\ in the address bar of the windows explorer, I once had a few hdd partitions that insisted on not showing up in the explorer, but after I accessed then directly via address bar they did decide to show themselves.

I hope this helps a bit.

Comment

Try this link, it may help. This link is on the DT Forums under Common Problems and Solutions. Basically, from what I've read, some CD-ROM Burning software installs filter drivers (whatever they are, but they're there) and you need to delete some registry entrys in order to overcome this problem. http://web1.athen215.server4free.de/...opic.php?t=498

That link will actually have an article pointing you to an M$ KB article. But the M$ KB article does a great job in telling you how to fix the problem.

Regards,
      [/url]

Comment

Working...
      X