DT 4.40.2 Won't install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT 4.40.2 Won't install

Hey all out there, hoping you can help me with this. I've got a laptop running Win7 x64 with all the latest Windows Updates, and I can't get 4.40.2 to install. As soon as I hit Agree on the License Agreement, it flashes to the next part of the installation for about half a second, then crashes without any sort of error report or anything. I tried it in compatibility modes for almost all versions of windows, run as admin, UAC is off, everything. I ran Window's troubleshooter (for what little good it does) and it told me that the setup file was an incompatible application. I know the file isn't corrupted, because I've downloaded it several times from several websites including DT's own site

Do you have any security software installed and what is your Windows' locale?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I have Avira Antivirus, and Comodo firewall. My Windows locale is English - United States. Thanks for the reply

Comment

Please try to disable Comodo completely (also its services) and then reboot and try again.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by angrypencils View Post
          I have Avira Antivirus, and Comodo firewall. My Windows locale is English - United States. Thanks for the reply
          I had the same issue. It's COMODO. Disabling it didn't work for me.
          I installed DT in safe mode and it works now.

Comment

Sorry about not responding. I've spent some time away from the computer lately, been busy. Anyway, I tried installing in safe mode, and it worked just fine. But do I also have to be in safe mode to add a virtual drive? I tried to add one and it gave me "DAEMON Tools Pro driver error: 3"

Comment

1. Uninstall DT via Start menu -> All Programs -> DAEMON Tools Pro/Lite -> Uninstall menu item. Or remove DAEMON Tools folder.
              2. Download SPTD driver setup from Disc-Tools.com Uninstall SPTD using downloaded file.
              3. Restart your system.
              4. Start regedit.exe (standard system registry editor) and delete "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd" key. Correct key permissions if it's necessary (via key's right-click menu).
              daemonpro-help.com/problems_and_solutions/registry_and_sptd_problems.html
              5. Restart your computer.
              6. Install DAEMON Tools.

Comment

Well, I uninstalled the SPTD, but DAEMON Tools won't uninstall. The uninstaller will run perfectly fine, but it doesn't actually uninstall DT from my computer. Should I just go and manually delete the DT folder?

Comment

Originally Posted by angrypencils View Post
                  but it doesn't actually uninstall DT from my computer
                  Why do you think so? Please clarify this moment.

Comment

After the uninstall finishes, nothing is different. DT is still in its folder and it can still run as though nothing happened at all

Comment

Working...
                    X