Medal of Honor: Allied Assault Image Backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medal of Honor: Allied Assault Image Backup

I find it generally appalling that I have to go to such great lengths to backup my games which I paid for. Enough rant though, that's for another time. Onto the heart of the matter.

Trying to backup MOH:AA. I have tried Alcohol 52%, CloneCD, Blindwrite, etc. I have a HP DVD Writer 1070d.

The SAME thing happens every time I try to backup, regardless of the settings, I keep getting read errors. NO IT IS NOT the disc. Many of the titles I have tried to backup are immaculate as far as the CD plastic is concerned. I think what I need to do here is find out the root of the problem. To my understanding, EFM has much to do with SafeDisc, which is the protection used on MOH:AA. But, I'm not trying to burn the disc, just read it. Well, I guess that's part of copying it. Anyhow, I think this may be my problem. But, BEFORE I got out spending money on a CD-Burner, I want to be sure this IS the problem.

What's most frustrating is that I've used these various applications on MULTIPLE pc's, 4 of them. ALL with different burners, and I have only been able to successfully backup one game out 20-30 in my collection. What kind of burners are you all using and having SUCCESSFUL copies with?

Here's another thing to consider in your answer. When you get read errors on a CD that has protection, is that normal? (Since read errors are the protectin itself) or should you receive zero errors. Obviously, this will be different using varying applications to backup your CD.

Originally Posted by GreenLED View Post
    When you get read errors on a CD that has protection, is that normal? (Since read errors are the protectin itself)...
    Yes, the errors are part of the Safedisc protection. They'll end around sector 10000.
    Some drives are fast in skipping those bad blocks, others take muuuuch longer.

If you have such a "bad skipper" you have to be patient, or you can try the good old Fastdump method:
    - activate the Safedisc/Bad sector emulation option in DT Pro or Alcohol
    - start MoH:AA with the original disc
    - exit the game
    - immediately start image creation with DT Pro or Alcohol

Unfortunately this method doesn't work with all drives/SD versions.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
    X