Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dtsoftbus01.sys BSOD Driver Verifier I/O Verification violations

Hello,
    Running verifier.exe to troubleshoot a BSOD problem, it reported dtsoftbus01.sys as a possible cause of BSOD under the "tests" that the application ran.

Bugcheck code: 0xC9 (0x23E, 0xFFFFF880017B3308, 0xFFFFF980082C0E10, 0x0)
    Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dtsoftbus01.sys

I'm sending the dump file that was created. The BSOD occured after I executed verifier.exe and stablished a configuration. Then at boot process (before Windows was completely loaded) the crash happened.
    I'm running DAEMON Tools Lite 4.41.3.

DUMP files: DAEMON BSOD dump files.rar

Hello
    We know about this issue. It will be fixed in future releases.
    Welcome to the dark side, my dear padavan. We have cookies

Comment

The problem is still not fixed, after more than one year.

Comment

This was not on our priority list because the error reported by Driver Verifier is not critical and purely cosmetical - it exposes just a small driver design issue which does not affect normal functionality.
        We have already developed new driver which will replace dtsoftbus01.sys soon, so we decided to concentrate on it instead of spending resources to redesign old code which will be dropped soon anyway.
        So, this problem will disappear soon, do not worry.

Comment

Well, here we are 1 year later (again). Purely cosmetical you say? Maybe on Windows 7, but on Windows 8 I think Verifier.exe might actually be telling the truth about dtsoftbus01.sys.

I bought a new laptop (Asus G750JH) running Windows 8 and as soon as I got it I started installing some basic applications I always have on my computers, DT being one of them. On that same day the laptop had a random BSOD after a few hours of flawless operation. I first thought it might be the external audio interface I had bought and connected to the laptop to power my audio system (these audio interfaces tend to have driver and hardware issues sometimes). I never even suspected DT the be the issue.

After over a month of annoying random BSOD's and looking trough countless of Crash Dump files trying to find a pattern, I finally found out about Verifier.exe. I activated it, restarted the system and BANG the system crashed during boot procedure. I checked the dump file and there was the dtsoftbus01.sys. I found this forum trying to find a history of problems, read the comments and thought that it was just Verifier.exe giving me a false positive (purely cosmetical). But instead of just deactivating dtsoftbus01.sys within Verifier.exe, I uninstalled DT altogether just to be sure. The system booted fine after that (with Verifier.exe activated) and I left the system running for 24 hours to wait for the *real* BSOD to happen. And guess what? No BSOD happened! I had a history of random BSOD's happening every 3 to 6 hours and for the first time nothing happened.

So... maybe (pretty sure now) the cosmetical driver design issue might actually be a problem in Windows 8.

Anyway, I'm just glad it was not a hardware problem =D

Comment

I having the same issue with an ASUS G750JW running Windows 8 as well.

Comment

Using windows 7, I am having random browser and computer reboots as well, and I stumpled upon this verifier.exe program as well, and it made my computer unable to load into windows 7. I will uninstall Daemon Tool as well, and let it run for a week or two to see if that was the cause of it.
              I sure hope i hope I am wrong, otherwise this developer needs to buy a round of beers to his collegues for his mistake. (I am actually hoping that the "dtsoftbus01.sys" is cause, because then I know what is causing my computer to become unstable.)

Comment

Originally Posted by knekker View Post
                Using windows 7, I am having random browser and computer reboots as well, and I stumpled upon this verifier.exe program as well, and it made my computer unable to load into windows 7. I will uninstall Daemon Tool as well, and let it run for a week or two to see if that was the cause of it.
                I sure hope i hope I am wrong, otherwise this developer needs to buy a round of beers to his collegues for his mistake. (I am actually hoping that the "dtsoftbus01.sys" is cause, because then I know what is causing my computer to become unstable.)
                My computer resets randomly while playing Call of Duty Ghosts. No other activity causes the crash, but the verifier pointed to this as well.

Comment

Working...
                X