Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried the microsoft fixit and it still isn't working for me

Comment

Along with other people in this thread I'm having the same problem where it's telling me that device driver software was not installed successfully as seen here http://i.imgur.com/OCqUG.png I've tried reinstalling but that didn't do anything. When I'm looking at my deice manager this is what I see http://i.imgur.com/E1pGZ.png if that helps. I tried renaming Rename "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\INFCACHE.1" file and reinstalling after rebooting but that did not work either I am using Windows 7 64 Bit and Daemon tools pro 520-0348

I'm hoping someone could help me out here because this is really making me PO'ed now I've been using DT for a while now and this is the first time I've ever seen anything like this.

Comment

Already tried the Microsoft FixIt mentioned in post #14 ?

If the FixIt couldn't find/fix problems please attach/upload a zipped Autoruns arn file (no installation required).
        Additionally, please download this tool: http://www.bustrace.com/downloads/devfilter.exe
        Run it, highlight your optical drive on the left, then highlight upper/lower filters on the right.
        Which filters are installed on your system ?
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

----------------------------------------------------
          Filter Driver Load Order Professional software bus analyzers, USB, SCSI, iSCSI, SAS, ATA, ATAPI, Fibre Channel, and more!
          ----------------------------------------------------

Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM
          Device Object: DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
          Lower Filter Drivers: No Lower Filter Drivers specified for this device

Driver Name: gearaspiwdm.sys
          File Location: c:\windows\system32\drivers
          File Description: CD DVD Filter
          File Version: 2.02.00.01 [2.2.0.1]
          Product Name: CD DVD Filter
          Product Version: 2.02.00.01 [2.2.0.1]
          Company Name: GEAR Software Inc.

Comment

Please first try the Microsoft FixIt solution, reboot.

Do you have GEARAspiWDM (or the like) in the Add or Remove programs list ? If so, uninstall and try to add a device in DT.
            If not, please uninstall DT&SPTD, reboot and use this installer: Driver updates - GEAR Software
            Reboot and then right away uninstall the GEAR driver, reboot, reinstall DT.

Also please describe your problem more detailed.
            I provided a generic answer for problems with GEARAspi.
            Last edited by Terramex; 20.11.2012, 14:39.
            I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by SUPPORT2 View Post
              Judic, try the following way:
              1. Uninstall DTLite.
              2. Rename "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\INFCACHE.1" file and reboot your system.
              3. Then install DTLite again.
              Searching in setupapi.log I've found that your system cannot find and install standard MS cdrom.sys driver for DT virtual drive.
              I hope proposed way to fix the problem will help you.
              I tried to do this, but for some reason I cannot edit the file name of the "INFCACHE.1" file. I'm the only user on my laptop and I am an administrator.

I'm having the exact same problem described in the original post and it's really angering. Any help would be amazing.

Comment

Working...
              X