Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't use virtual drive? ("Windows can't access this disk" error)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't use virtual drive? ("Windows can't access this disk" error)

I have an .iso mounted to a virtual drive using the Lite version of Daemon Tools. It's mounted on a DT drive. Whenever I try to run auto-play or explore the drive, I get this error.

Windows can't access this disc.
    The disc might be corrupt. Make sure that the disc uses a format Windows recognizes. If the disc is unformatted, you need to format it before using it.

I'm using Windows 7. I'm sure the iso file has nothing wrong with it. I can't burn it to a DVD to test it because I don't have any DVDs big enough to hold the file. This is my first time ever having Damon Tools on my laptop and I have no idea what's going on. Am I doing something wrong? The version of DT I'm using is the most recent version available.

Please check the problem with another image file.

Comment

I've used three different image files and I get the same error every time. I'm really sure it's not the image file.

Comment

How did you create that image?
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

I didn't. I downloaded it.

Comment

Originally Posted by AmandaShotgun View Post
            I didn't. I downloaded it.
            I am having the exact same problem. There's no solution here and it's an old thread. Did anyone figure out the issue?

Comment

Here as well... I even uninstalled, rebooted an installed the newest version 4.45, mounted as DT and SCSI to no avail. Given this
              issue is over 10 months old, it doesn't seem hopeful Below are my screenshots of the failure and the version:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Daemon.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	193447Click image for larger version

Name:	Daemon2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	193448

Comment

Originally Posted by zntmid8r View Post
                Here as well... I even uninstalled, rebooted an installed the newest version 4.45, mounted as DT and SCSI to no avail. Given this
                issue is over 10 months old, it doesn't seem hopeful Below are my screenshots of the failure and the version:
                Is your problem reproducible with all images or with exact one?

Comment

If reproducible for all images it's likely a filter driver issue or some other OS problem not mainly caused by DT.
                  Please try this FixIt solution: Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media
                  I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I am having the exact same problem. There's no solution here and it's an old thread.

Comment

Hey, anyone around here actually want to....oh, I don't know, actually do something about this serious problem that renders the program completely useless? Because, I'd like to personally thank the people around here for wasting my time by not actually offering anything helpful for this problem, and leaving this thread unresolved and up to clog up my search engine preventing me from finding some actual useful information. Also, kudos for picking a verification system on the sign up that is damn near impossible, forcing me to fill out the registration 12 damn times.

I think I'm going to go find a better software programmed by people with a clue, and with a staff that actually knows how to troubleshoot and fix a problem, rather than leave a forum thread unresolved forever.

Comment

Working...
                      X