Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Help! Found new hardware !

Default Help! Found new hardware !

Hello guys !

I`ve uninstalled my daemon tools lite ( don`t know the version ) `cause Secunia PSi told me that it`s insecure , and I`ve downloaded the lates version ... and here it comes the nightmare :

1. Installation goes well but at the end when it tries to creat a Dt virtual drive appears that " found new hardware " wizard , I click cancel and it says that might be a problem with the new hardware installed ... and after reboot I get all the time that window with new hardware found , and this is very annoying .

Daemon tools works well but I don`t like that " found new harware " wizard every time I start de PC

2. I`ve searched on google , I`ve uninstalled DT , uninstalled SPTD , delete manually DT registry from HKCU and HKLM software , I run CCleaner , comodo system cleaner etc ...

I`m not a PC noob but I ran out of ideas ...

I`m sure there are a lot of guys that know much more than me with PC , so please help me

Darth Vader

Hi
    Install latest DTLite 4.41.3 back and reproduce the problem.
    Then open Device Manager and check virtual devices status. I.e. double-click on a device in Device Manager and read device status on General tab.
    Also, we need your setupapi.log file ("C:\Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log" for Win7 or Vista, "C:\Windows\setupapi.log" for WinXP).
    Welcome to the dark side, my dear padavan. We have cookies

Hi !

1. Yes , DTLite 4.41.3 it`s the version .

2. I`ve checked all the time Device manager and all looked fine there . http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/663...60538am101.jpg

3. Here is the log: setupapi.log

4. I`ve managed this problem using brute force this means I prevent new hardware wizard running . I`ve renamed newdev.dll in safe mode .