Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does the RMPS method work?

Hi...

Maybe you just have a dйjа-vu - I've already asked quite the same about Blindwrite's TwinPeaks method.

I'd like to know how exactly the RMPS method works - does it burn a hidden file containing the DPM information to the disc or what?

I am asking because I want to update the SecuROM v4.8x-information I posted some days ago...

Sergei
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

You will not get an answer to that question, because otherwise we could tell Sony directly how it works ...
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

weelll... *grins*

Good point, I gotta admit I didn't look at it from that point of view... hehe...

Although it cannot be too difficult to find out if you reverse engineer Alcohol or Daemon-Tools or just have a look at what is different on the copied disc...

Well, okay, I understand that you won't tell, and that's perfectly understandable, at least in my humble opinion. Let's just hope we won't see Sony find a method to blacklist those RMPS-CDRs...

I wish everyone of you a merry christmas!

Sergei
      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Yes, of course RMPS burns to CD-R something that is needed for emulation - that is obvious. But details are not disclosed due to reasons already mentioned. I can only mention that after RMPS is activated the application cannot see the difference with original CD, even on sectors where actual signature is stored - driver restores it dynamically.
        Next Daemon version will contain RMPS emulation as well, so such CD-R/RWs can be played even on PCs with Alcohol not installed.

Comment

Working...
        X