Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skylanders spyro' adventure

hello forum ,
    i have purchased the game skylanders spyro' adventure by activision and i was trying all day yesterday to create the backup image to play from the pc harddrive.
    however the game keeps asking for the original disk no matter how slow i read from the disk when creating the image.

it uses securom 7.4 (00000008) according to the program "ProtectionId".

as i am new to trying this type of thing im asking for help...

is there anything else i should be doing or is this version of securom so new that daemon tools cant read the disk at this moment in time.......

i will very much appreciate any correspondance.

Install DAEMON Tools Pro and create an image using SecuROM profile - Creating an image | DAEMON Pro Help.
    Then mount created image to a virtual drive. If it won't work with DT and SCSI virtual drives, try to use IDE virtual drive or attach your virtual drive to physical one.

Comment

hi Sway,
      i have definately used the securom profile and this has not worked with this game. and i have tried also the ide virtual drive!

however attaching the virtual drive to physical one means what exactly ?

have you yourself came accross this version of securom securom 7.4 (00000008) ?

Comment

ok Sway i have tried "attach virtual drive to physical one"
        this still does not work with skylanders .
        keeps poping up "please insert the original disc instead of a backup (1000)"

what other options is there?

Comment

That means your drive is incapable of producing correct DPM. Please try another drive.
          Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
          Peace Through Power

Comment

Did you select "New SecuROM" or "Old SecuROM" profile when creating image?

Comment

my drive is LG GGW-H20L(SUPER MULTI BLU BLU-RAY). I find this hard to believe.

i selected new securom
              Last edited by weejake; 27.12.2011, 17:53.

Comment

Actually I have that drive myself and it is very bad in creating working DPM.
                Peace Through Power

Comment

so i take it thats the end of the road for me....
                  i dont intend replacing the drive just for one game.

thanks for your speedy response..

Comment

it uses securom 7.4 (00000008) according to the program "ProtectionId".
                    if you are going to cite protectionid at least report the version correctly, as it reports it.. what you quoted is not even in the format protectionid uses
                    my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

evlncrn8 did i offend your intelligence or something....
                      i did say i was new to this but you are correct ..it was alcohol120% that reported this.

anyway i have tried 2 other dvd drives to create this image (Lite-on shw1635s) and (LG GH22NP20)
                      thats all the drives i've got
                      none of these can read the dpm
                      or else the version of securom being used on this game is better than daemon tools and alcohol120%

Comment

Originally Posted by evlncrn8 View Post
                        if you are going to cite protectionid at least report the version correctly, as it reports it.. what you quoted is not even in the format protectionid uses
                        evlncrn8 did i offend your intelligence or something....
                        i did say i was new to this but you are correct ..it was alcohol120% that reported this.

anyway i have tried 2 other dvd drives to create this image (Lite-on shw1635s) and (LG GH22NP20)
                        thats all the drives i've got
                        none of these can read the dpm
                        or else the version of securom being used on this game is better than daemon tools and alcohol120%

Comment

further update .i have created an MDX image (before i created an iso) using each of my drives .
                          the MDX image works whereas the iso image didn't.

so at least i know my dvd drives are good.

Comment

Originally Posted by weejake View Post
                            i have created an MDX image (before i created an iso) using each of my drives .
                            the MDX image works whereas the iso image didn't.
                            That's the point! ISO images can't work in such cases.

Comment

And you couldn't have selected New SecuROM profile with ISO.
                              Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                              X