SPTD Version: None Installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPTD Version: None Installed

I'm attempting to use the advanced emulation features of Daemon Tools Pro Advanced but the program claims I will need to install SPTD drivers. When I try to let the program do this, it restarts the machine, attempts and silently fails. The program claims it is installing the drivers when it reboots but after a few minutes it stops and nothing happens. Going back into Daemon Tools pro and attempting to create a new SCIS or IDE drive results in the same message.

I have also tried both manually uninstalling the drivers, removing Daemon Tools and installing them though the SPTD site's own installer but the results are the same. Clicking the about button tells me this:
    SPTD Version: None Installed

I've managed to run though this several times, each in a different order but nothing seems to change. Somehow it looks like SPTD drivers are fine yet Daemon tools is unable to detect them.

I searched the forums and saw somewhat similar problems but they're not quiet the same as what I'm experiencing. It doesn't appear my anti-virus (MSE) has anything to do with this problem.

Currently i'm using Windows 7, 64 bit Edition. Does anyone have any solutions for this?

Please attach/upload a zipped Autoruns arn file (no installation required).
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

The Autoruns.exe has given me this file. I placed it into a .zip archive and attached it.
      AutoRuns.zip

Comment

Please try to deactivate Spybot completely and then try again.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

In addition:
          maybe it's enough to just disable the Live Protection Background Service as reported in these threads.

I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Uninstalling spybot search and destroy immediately let Daemon Tools recognize the SPTD drivers. Mounting a virtual IDE driver worked fine but attempting to mount a SCSI driver would simply fail silently until I restarted. Now everything appears to work fine. I had no idea Spybot would conflict with this software.

Thanks a lot, Blazkowicz and Terramex!

Comment

Working...
            X