Unable to uninstall Daemon Tools Lite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to uninstall Daemon Tools Lite

I have been using daemon tools lite for some time now, and yesterday when I tried opening it, it wouldnt open, so I tried uninstalling it and it wouldnt let me this is the error I come up with:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	2
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	194142

Each time I try I get the same error and then it closes!

Please Help....

Thanks.

What's your security software?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Can't open or uninstall Daemon tools lite...

I have the same problem.

I am running Windows 7, and all of a sudden Daemon tools started telling me on start up: Daemon Tools has stopped working. Close program or check online for a solution.

After that, I have tried opening, updating and uninstalling all with the same result...

Please help?

I am using Avast Antivirus.

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
      Application Name: DTLite4453-0297.exe
      Application Version: 4.45.3.297
      Application Timestamp: 4bc06cd3
      Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
      Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17651
      Fault Module Timestamp: 4e2111c0
      Exception Code: e06d7363
      Exception Offset: 0000d36f
      OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
      Locale ID: 1033
      Additional Information 1: 0a9e
      Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
      Additional Information 3: 0a9e
      Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Comment

Please try to manually uninstall DT lite: Removing DAEMON Tools Lite manually | daemon-help.com
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I have tried to manually uninstall.... but the DT helper dll was not running and under the system devices there was no DAEMON Tools Virtual Bus. I did the rest though, restarted the pc and tried to install again, only to get "Daemon Tools has stopped working" again.

I'm really desperate to sort this out??

Comment

Please contact our official support team with reference to this thread: Contact Technical support - Disc Soft store

The forum support is mainly a user-to-user support.
            But if you like you can still attach/upload a zipped Autoruns arn file (no installation required).
            I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Thanks Terramex...I have dropped them an email and hope to hear back from them soon.

Comment

@tsh: I just managed to solve your problem as it started to annoy me since a couple of days.

What I have done:

1 - Simply uninstalled manually Daemons Tools Lite as showed here: Removing DAEMON Tools Lite manually | daemon-help.com

2 - Installed SPTD 1.80 (don't know if it really helped, but it wort a try)

3 - Downloaded an old version of DTL (Download Daemon Tools Lite 4.40.2 - OldApps.com). When installed this old version shouldn't give you any annoying error message.

4 - Download and install the latest version on the old one by an update.

Enjoy your working DTL

Comment

Still having problems...

@Pamput Thanks for posting your solution, but for some reason even when I'm trying to install the older version of DTL I still get "Setup has stopped working"

Thanks for trying though

Comment

Please specify DAEMON Tools Lite version you try to install and selected language.

Comment

I am trying to install DTL 4.40.2.131, language is English

Comment

Did you uninstall previously installed version completely?

Comment

When I try to uninstall, it gives me "Daemon Tools has stopped working."

Comment

Have you tried an older version? From the same site you can download a lot of versions a bunch of latest version also gave me the same error so i just started to go "back in time" trying to find the first working one.

Ah! Another thing I have done was installing and uninstalling the latest pro standard DT before installing the old version. I don't know if it solved something or had some effects but it should wort a try.

Comment

Originally Posted by tsh View Post
                              When I try to uninstall, it gives me "Daemon Tools has stopped working."
                              It you have installed SPTD, try to uninstall it first. Download proper SPTD installer from DuplexSecure - Downloads, run it and click Uninstall.
                              Then reboot and try to uninstall DAEMON Tools.

Comment

Working...
                              X