Can't make backup copy of DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't make backup copy of DVD

Hi, I've just finished making digital backups of my entire audio CD collection.

I'm now looking to backup the 2 video DVD's that I own, but I've had no success. I tried using each of DT's output formats (MDS/MDF, MDX and ISO), with no success. For the MDS/MDF & MDX formats, I used the Profile of 'DVD-Video'. When this did not work, I tried other 'protection-scheme' profiles (i.e., SafeDisc, etc.), again with no success.

I used the ProtectionID utility to see if the DVD's were protected, and sure enough they were (CSS/CPMM), as follows:

[I] Init cd/dvd sector scan for Drive E
    [Disk Heuristics] -> Flag : 00000000000000000000000000010011 (0x00000013)
    [i] Detected CSS / CPMM Protection! (0x00000001)
    [i] Region Lock Detected -> RegionBitMask: 00000001
    [.] Region(s) allowed : 1 (Drive is ok to play this region)
    - Scan Took : 3.786 Second(s)

I'm really not sure how to proceed at this point. Is this something that DT Advanced Pro can resolve ? (I have the latest version with lifetime updates). If not, do I need to purchase additional software like AnyDVD + CloneDVD ?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

DAEMON Tools can't decrypt protected Video DVDs.

Two examples of free apps that can deal with CSS and also most structural
    protections are BDlot DVD ISO Master and DVDFab HD Decrypter.

In case you want to reduce the output to DVD5 size good old DVD Shrink 3.2 is still a fine app.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I'm curious, if DT can make an EXACT copy of a disc, including protections, then what's the problem with encryption? What's stopping DT from burning to a target disc (or image) exactly what's on the source disc, encryption data and all, sector by sector?

Comment

Regarding burning:
        There is no raw 2064 write command in consumer commercial DVD drives.
        Only 2048 bytes/sector can be written, and the CSS protection is using parts of those extra bytes,
        which are added (inserted) at the DVD pressing plant with CSS license and special CSS software.
        CSS is never "written" to DVD recordables - not even to DVD-R Authoring media.

With this plugin it's as good as it gets with DT: http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f27/pro...-plugin-27770/
        But i don't know if it's still compatible with DT Pro v6.

To sum up -regardless of legal or technical (only a handful of drives support reading the raw 2064 bytes/sector) problems- it just never was the goal of DAEMON Tools to decrypt.
        Last edited by Terramex; 06.03.2015, 09:42.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
        X