Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: Discussion: DAEMON Tools & MountSpace service

Loony User

@WithinRafael

Image hash is being generated based on an image file itself. For example if you and I have the same image file, our image hashes will be equal.
    This hash is sent just to get information about your image and show it to you in MountSpace panel.

Mountspace though has to determine unique users to get correct statistics. There is an ID value in registry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DT Soft\DAEMON Tools Pro(Lite)\MountSpace. I can assure you that this ID is randomly generated on server without any algorithms that include your personal information..
    So there is no way to identify you.
    Errare humanum est...

Quote Originally Posted by artman View Post
    @WithinRafael

Image hash is being generated based on an image file itself. For example if you and I have the same image file, our image hashes will be equal.
    This hash is sent just to get information about your image and show it to you in MountSpace panel.

Mountspace though has to determine unique users to get correct statistics. There is an ID value in registry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DT Soft\DAEMON Tools Pro(Lite)\MountSpace. I can assure you that this ID is randomly generated on server without any algorithms that include your personal information..
    So there is no way to identify you.
    Servers logs could easily contain the hash/IP I submitted. Again, they may say they don't store this data, but we have no way to verify this. There's nothing in the privacy policy. Understand?

Loony User

@WithinRafael

I'm sure that privacy policy will be created asap)
    do you think google or facebook aren't saving your IPs?)) they have have all your secrets comparing to image filename )
    Errare humanum est...

Experienced User

It doesn´t matter what other companies do. That can´t be used as an argument that the possibility of storing data isn´t that bad.

Master

As I already said we DO NOT store IP addresses or any other information which can be used to identify you.
    Moreover, we DO NOT want you to have any problems because of DAEMON Tools & MountSpace. Do you really think it is profitable for us??? Security is one of the main requirements to MountSpace service.

MountSpace usage (sending statistics and getting info from MountSpace.com) is absolutely optional. If you thus don't trust us, just disable appropriate options in your DAEMON Tools program. That's all!

We work on creating the most convenient and useful service for you. So we appreciate any constructive feedback.

P.S. Encrypting of requests to MountSpace.com will be implemented in the nearest time.

Master

Hi all!

MountSpace.com has been updated today
    Now widget and MountSpace server interact via SSL. So there is no possibility to intercept data sent from/to a user.

Quote: "MountSpace usage (sending statistics and getting info from MountSpace.com) is absolutely optional. If you thus don't trust us, just disable appropriate options in your DAEMON Tools program. That's all!"

Could you please explain exactly to disable these options? I thought I had disabled it but immediately upon launch my firewall detects DT trying to make a connection. I shouldn't have to block it with a firewall.

UKRAINIAN TRANSLATOR OFFICIAL TRANSLATOR

DT might be trying to make a license check on start. Are you sure it tried to connect to MountSpace?

New User

If possible, please remove this service in a paid version of daemon tools. Thanks in advance.

@Mind
    I can't act as a spokesman for the devs; just asking: you are aware you can completely
    deactivate all Mountspace functions in Preferences/Media info tab at point 1 and 3 ?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Preferences-8.png
Views:	263
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	1493
    Last edited by Terramex : 06.12.2012 at 11:00
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast