No announcement yet.

Discussion: DAEMON Tools & MountSpace service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Terramex: Thanks for your reply. My answer - yes.

Comment

Well, just have a look at mountspace.com. More or less one year after it has been announced to be kinda fantastic service for all of us (and remember, without any real clue for what purposes it has been installed anyway.)
      For what kinda needs are you still collecting the mount statistics?
      This page is nothing more than a trailerview-screenshot-youtube-buyme-button-blingbling site with a damned unecessary tab with some numbers of how many people mounted a game.
      What a rubbish^^
      Woooooow. I need to buy this game. Not impressed in the story, trailervids can be ignored... BUT 3.166 people mounted this game today.
      I NEED TO BUY IT, I NEED TO BUY IT!
      Muhahahaha.
      Damned.....
      Remove this shit out of the paid version, or at least give people the option to not install it in any way than to deactivate it afterwards.
      (No, I don´t mean to uncheck some boxes, I mean to not beam the code on the hdd at all).
      Remember: It´s stuff your customers asked for.

Or show me (us, your customers) any single post in which users asked to have this service because they think its an advantage.
      Last edited by A.Hecka; 17.01.2013, 20:13.

Comment

I have installed 4.35.0307 of DT Pro. Since DT has released v. 5.x im not updated DT due to mountspace "service" is included as "gift". I have no longer any desire to update the daemon tools. No more trust.

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
          It is not the truth.
          up cho bạn, chúc bạn bán đắt hàng.

Comment

Hi Admins,

Would like to share a Sophos Endpoint Security message with you, because I'm not sure what's wrong.
            I'm using the trial version of the DT Pro. When I click on the right-side om my UCP "mountspace" I get the following message:

High Risk Website Blocked
            Access has been blocked as the threat Mal/HTMLGen-A has been found on this website.
            Return to the page you were previously viewing.
            [sophos web protection]

Looking forward to your insights!

Cheers.

Comment

@A.Hecka
              Where there is love there is hate.
              But it's heartwarming you still care since you're not using DT Pro anymore
              I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Right, you might ask the staff, all revoked licenses are still revoked and unused.
                But I just thought to have a look at mountspace what mighty features has been added in all the time (remember: they called it social network for gamers in the beginning!) - and it still turns out to be a laugh. Nothing more than a selling-plattform.

So just tell me, where is the love for you? Do you have any serious benefits in using mountspace?
                Or anyone else you ever talked to (well, besides DT staff, because they earn money with selling the statistics but telling their customers its a service for them!)?.
                Last edited by A.Hecka; 28.01.2013, 00:58.

Comment

Dear A.Hecka, sending statistics and MountSpace usage are absolutely optional. You can disable these features in Preferences.

Comment

Originally Posted by BDMSTUDIOS View Post
                    Hi Admins,

Would like to share a Sophos Endpoint Security message with you, because I'm not sure what's wrong.
                    I'm using the trial version of the DT Pro. When I click on the right-side om my UCP "mountspace" I get the following message:

High Risk Website Blocked
                    Access has been blocked as the threat Mal/HTMLGen-A has been found on this website.
                    Return to the page you were previously viewing.
                    [sophos web protection]

Looking forward to your insights!

Cheers.
                    Our software and web resources does not contain any harmful components. We have checked specified URL, using Virustotal service. Please, find results here:

Upgrade your virus database for antivirus and check the problem. It possibly was "false-positive detection".

Comment

@A.Hecka
                      Last February i wrote to you in a PM that i don't need Mountspace.
                      Nevertheless i have the Media Info panel enabled - just as i let WMP let display media information from the internet.
                      Also wrote that a company that (IMO) to a certain degree lost the market for its "cash cow" must look for new sources of revenue.
                      To make a long story short: as long as Mountspace isn't detrimental to the user i couldn't care less about it.

It all boils down to the fact that you're principally suspicious ...which is perfectly fine.
                      I for one do trust the DT Soft team.
                      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
                        Dear A.Hecka, sending statistics and MountSpace usage are absolutely optional. You can disable these features in Preferences.
                        Yes, as I wrote above:
                        Remove this shit out of the paid version, or at least give people the option to not install it in any way than to deactivate it afterwards.
                        (No, I don´t mean to uncheck some boxes, I mean to not beam the code on the hdd at all).

You read posts before you answer, sway?

Comment

I must say, with all the 'hubb-bub' about IP this or that much of an issue? Who care where your IP is coming from.
                          If I'm off in left field and you actualy see some real threat, please correct me. Even tho I'm in the military and we do have our own security and all that, is it really that big of a deal. Why bust the Administrators balls.....
                          I just dont get it...

Comment

Working...
                          X