The Sims 3 - Says can't verify disc is a valid copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sims 3 - Says can't verify disc is a valid copy

I got the base The Sims 3 game from the library and installed it on my computer. I have to give the CD back so I tried mounting the iso file with Daemon Tools Lite. The game starts to load but then it says "We are unable to verify that your disc is a valid copy of The Sims 3. Please contact customer service." Is there anything I can do to get around this? Would burning the disc image to a CD or DVD help?

There is, but rent&copy doesn't comply with Fair Use.
    Sorry, no support in that case.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

This place seems to be full of people doing things that don't comply with fair use. At least I have a real legal copy and didn't just download it without caring. If it's available to rent from the library why is it so bad?

Comment

You had a real copy which isn't your property.
        People usually rent games to check whether or not a game is worth buying.
        So rent&copy is as illegal as downloading - at least in my country.

For sure a certain ratio of people don't own the software they're asking questions about in our forums,
        but as long as one doesn't tell that's not safe to say - unfortunately in your case it is.

To safe you time the only thing i can tell you is that an image in ISO format won't work.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I read some reviews of Sims 3, and looked at what features are in the game.

I'm trying to decide whether to go ahead and buy the downloadable version of the game today.

So anyone on Apolyton who own or have played Sims 3 - how much do you like or hate the game? And why?

Does Sims 3 get the same fish aquarium feel like the previous two Sims games?

Comment

It's very good and it's woth buying!

Originally Posted by heliuer View Post
            I read some reviews of Sims 3, and looked at what features are in the game.

I'm trying to decide whether to go ahead and buy the downloadable version of the game today.

So anyone on Apolyton who own or have played Sims 3 - how much do you like or hate the game? And why?

Does Sims 3 get the same fish aquarium feel like the previous two Sims games?

Comment

I got the game as well (downloadable version) with Ambitions, Late Night, Generations expansion pack. I have to say you can't really find a better life simulator anywhere else (just as I couldn't find one better than Daemon Tools, and decided to buy the Pro Adv. version. Though I'm not sure why my profile in the forum hasn't been updated to "Customer" yet :p ).

What I really liked is that the game is heavily moddable on PC (which is not true for other platforms, unfortunately). Therefore, I can install custom objects and scripts that is to my liking. There's also a SimPE editor which allows me to code new scripts and edit existing behavioral functions myself (though it's akin to assembly...) So, totally worth it!

But I strongly suggest that if you plan to get a PC version, wait until it's on sale. You can get it at least half the price of retail. I wouldn't purchase the expansion packs at the full price because there are so many other games that are worth less and have more content.

Comment

Working...
              X