License Checking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License Checking

I'm using DAEMON Tools Lite 4.45.4.0314. When I click on "Mount Image..." a box that says "License checking" pops up with a clock on it. The clock ticks around to the 6:00 position taking 35 seconds before the dialog window appears. This delay is rather annoying and occurs every time I want to do something with a virtual drive. What is this and how do I get rid of it?

Do you have any firewall installed?

Comment

Yes, I have ZoneAlarm. But even that seems to let some programs access the internet when I didn't want them to. When not using a web browser or checking for updates I intentionally disable my ethernet connection.

Comment

Try to add exception for DAEMON Tools processes in ZoneAlarm. Also you can temporary disable it to check the problem.

Comment

You mean allow it to access the internet? Maybe there's something I'm not getting. Why does DAEMON Tools need access to the internet to work?

Also why does the message say license checking. It's the lite version. Since it's free to use it won't find a license anyway.

Comment

Your DAEMON Tools Lite installation tries to validate itself on our server. Yes, it is not obligatory but desirable.
            Usually validation attempts are performed in background mode. But in some cases (i.e., when connection with server is artificially blocked by firewall) wait dialog becomes visible for user. You need to allow DAEMON Tools processes to connect with server once. Then wait dialog will disappear.

Comment

Not obligatory yet it does interfere with using the program. Sorry if I sound like I'm needlessly complaining. I just really don't like when a program does something over the internet that I didn't request. It's always in the back of my mind that I might cancel my ISP bill. Then what will I do if I have to re-install the program and it keeps harassing me to connect to the server? Plus I'm still confused as to what the lite version has to validate.

Comment

This problem will be fixed in next versions.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
                  Your DAEMON Tools Lite installation tries to validate itself on our server. Yes, it is not obligatory but desirable.
                  Usually validation attempts are performed in background mode. But in some cases (i.e., when connection with server is artificially blocked by firewall) wait dialog becomes visible for user. You need to allow DAEMON Tools processes to connect with server once. Then wait dialog will disappear.
                  For me it says license checking and will not allow me to use the program. The problem is it never goes away. I want to unmount an image but I haven't been able to for weeks, even with the windows firewall turned off. I'm afraid if I force it closed or uninstall it Windows will think the drive is still there. What port is it attempting to use to check the license?

Comment

2013 and still going strong...

This problem will be fixed in next versions.
                    I see your post is several years old, but the problem still persists... It connects to your servers on vista (blarhg, yes i know, vista....) during windows logon... I see the popup box with the clock when my pc is really slow to boot or hangs on bootup.

Nasty little habit to call home, at least if you don't inform the users very clearly... And yes, on the lite version...

Comment

Originally Posted by blafbaf View Post
                      I see your post is several years old, but the problem still persists...
                      The thread in nearly 11 months old. You are right in that we're still waiting for that version where the check for non-existing license has been removed.

Comment

So how about fixing this?

Originally Posted by SKARD View Post
                        The thread in nearly 11 months old. You are right in that we're still waiting for that version where the check for non-existing license has been removed.
                        This is a REALLY ANNOYING FEATURE of DT Lite, yet it's the only virtual drive program which works with some of the multi track cue files I have.
                        Last edited by Terramex; 10.07.2013, 19:50. Reason: Image removed

Comment

Your DAEMON Tools Lite installation tries to validate itself on our server. ... You need to allow DAEMON Tools processes to connect with server once. Then wait dialog will disappear.
                          Once? I let DT connect with the service every time. I still get the License Checking box every time I start the machine. Come on, guys, you're losing credibility. Fix this.

Comment

Please, please fix this issue!

Comment

Working...
                            X