No announcement yet.

'Unable to add virtual device', again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Unable to add virtual device', again.

Hullo. I'm one of the seemingly thirty billion people encountering this error, so I figure I'd throw my lot in.

I've run the FixIt solution and restarted, to no avail.

The .arn file requested is here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwT...mRaLXFZY203SXM

As for my filters, my disk drives all have 'PartMgr' as an upper class filter, and lack lower class.

My CD/DVD devices, of which there are four, are as follows.

HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM G22LP20 SCSI CdRom Device
    LCRNSNCH LEZOPYZ SCSI CdRom Device
    and two DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Devices. I find this odd.

All share GEARAspiWDM and ElbyCDFL as upper and lower devices respectively.

I should also note that now DAEMON TOOLS lite refuses even to run, the tray icon and process closing instantaneously upon execution.

I hope all of this information can lead to a speedy assistance and recovery.

After some more poking around the forums, waiting for approval, the solution of my particular problem was documented here: http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f19/dts...52/#post136761

Best of luck to any and all who still encounter it.

Comment

Did you add a virtual device first before trying to mount an image? (in the Daemon tools program, click "Add DT virtual device")

Comment

Hello,

Did you tried follow Krinen's suggestion?

"After some more poking around the forums, waiting for approval, the solution of my particular problem was documented here: "DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device was not installed successfully" Need help!

Best of luck to any and all who still encounter it."
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I made a video about 2 of the solutions.

I made a video with 2 solutions to this problem. Please let me know what you think.

Comment

Working...
          X