Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: Spyware in Daemon Tools Lite installer?

Master

We'll try to figure out and fix this problem. In any case, you can temporarily disable your Internet connection while installing DT to prevent any additional software installation.

F U Daemon Tools!!!!!

I've read your lame excuse about not having control about what your partner SOMOTO or whoever else might be does with your install.
    LAME.
    LAME.
    LAME.
    As far as I'm concern, after downloading Daemon Tools Light from a link fro YOUR website and then installing YOUR software - THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO OPTIONS, WARNINGS, OR OTHER CHOICES for software installation - the setup simply went through and installed god damn "DO SEARCHES" hijack.

I'm an IT professional with 25 years in the field and it freaking took me a good hour to get rid of the damn thing!

As far as I can tell - DEAMON TOOLS LITE IS A VIRUS SPREADING outfit.

Instead of pointing fingers, Deamon Tools, take control of your distribution, morons. Your suggestion to "temporary disable internet" for the installation is borderline moronic and idiotic as no self-respecting company or admin would do. How about YOU fix your software by making sure no spyware get packaged with it!!!!

I'll spread the word, imbeciles.

Bullsh*t there was no recommendation, I denied the ones there were and still got "Do Searches" as my homepage and search engine.

SO C A N C E L YOUR AGREEMENT WITH SOMOTO. GRAB A BRAIN YOU'VE GOT PAGES AND PAGES OF FORMER CUSTOMERS PISSED OFF AT YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Sway View Post
    Dear g836847,

According to the agreement with Somoto, we are not able to make an impact on which offer is shown for a certain user and how it behaves. We just show the offer page in our DT installation wizard. During our tests, we didn't meet any harmful software or software which can be installed in spite of user's rejection. Please be attentive during installation.

We appreciate your awareness!

For all affected, visit this page for tools and instructions on how to remove the damn thing:

Remove "Do Searches" hijack (Virus Removal Guide)

Quote Originally Posted by MasterVal View Post
    ...THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO OPTIONS, WARNINGS, OR OTHER CHOICES for software installation - the setup simply went through and installed god damn "DO SEARCHES" hijack.
    We've reproduced very few cases where opting-out didn't work.
    But afaik not a single case where the opt-out screen didn't come up at all.
    We have no way to prove you got the opt-out screens and you've no way to prove you didn't - unless you just happened to be recording your screen at the time.
    ...as no self-respecting company or admin would do.
    It's exactly the other way round.
    But in avoidance of injured pride you can do a silent installation as mentioned here.
    Many IT professionals do it that way.
    Last edited by Terramex : 07.11.2013 at 16:39
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
    It's exactly the other way round.
    But in avoidance of injured pride you can do a silent installation as mentioned here.
    Many IT professionals do it that way.
    Did you read the entire sentence? Did I mention a silent install anywhere? It appears that all you were looking for is a plug to shine in with your "silent installation" "skills" and a link.

Once again: Your suggestion to "temporary disable internet" for the installation is borderline moronic and idiotic as no self-respecting company or admin would do.

Show me an installation manual of a major software company that says "disable internet before installing our software".

Master

I'm an IT professional with 25 years in the field and it freaking took me a good hour to get rid of the damn thing!
    How about YOU fix your software by making sure no spyware get packaged with it!!!!
    Did you read the entire sentence? Did I mention a silent install anywhere? It appears that all you were looking for is a plug to shine in with your "silent installation" "skills" and a link.

Once again: Your suggestion to "temporary disable internet" for the installation is borderline moronic and idiotic as no self-respecting company or admin would do.

Show me an installation manual of a major software company that says "disable internet before installing our software".
    Being an IT professional with 25 years in the field, you should know that "Do Searches" mentioned above is not a spyware. DAEMON Tools software does not contain any spyware.

Moreover, we've checked the case with "Do Searches". When all proper options are disabled, nothing is installed against user's choice. So, be attentive please.

Concerning silent installation and disabling internet, this is only the alternative. It's all up to you You can you this method if you don't want to care about additional options during installation.

Default Final remark

Next time simply read the EULA - another thing many IT professionals (should) do in a business environment.
    That way you would have also learned the requirements for using a free license, and furthermore about the presence of third party software (which doesn't come into use with a paid license).

P.S.: maybe someone installed a burst fire script
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
    Next time simply read the EULA - another thing many IT professionals (should) do in a business environment.
    That way you would have also learned the requirements for using a free license, and furthermore about the presence of third party software (which doesn't come into use with a paid license).

P.S.: maybe someone installed a burst fire script
    Well I have purchase the full version of Daemon Tools Ultra and Eset detect a virus in the installation files and also on web site connection. So virus is detected even if not install

Journal de l'analyse
    Version de la base de données des signatures de virus : 9086 (20131123)
    Date : 23/11/2013 Heure : 12:05:00
    Disques, dossiers et fichiers analysés : E:\Download\DAEMONToolsPro540-0377.exe
    E:\Download\DAEMONToolsPro540-0377.exe = NSIS = Script.nsi - Win32/DownWare.L application potentiellement indésirable
    E:\Download\DAEMONToolsPro540-0377.exe = NSIS = Script.nsi - Win32/DownWare.L application potentiellement indésirable
    Nombre d'objets analysés : 102
    Nombre de menaces détectées : 1
    Nombre d'objets nettoyés : 1
    Heure d'achèvement : 12:05:17 Temps d'analyse total : 17 s (00:00:17)

Remarques :
    [1] L'objet a été supprimé, car il ne contenait que le corps du virus.

So you should removed these garbadge from the retail version we paid to make youre living !

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast