Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Request: Ability to mount small .iso file as DVD-ROM

The scenario is that:
    When I create a DVD-Video image as .iso file with the size smaller than a CD-ROM disc, it is likely that the DT will treat it as a CD-ROM image instead of the preferred DVD-ROM image.
    For the normal data DVD it will be ok, but for the video DVD, and in Windows 7, there will be a problem...
    If the DT mount the small DVD-Video .iso image as CD-ROM in Windows 7 (or maybe Vista), the WMP and MPC will both complaint about the incompatible DVD region thing and cannot play the videos, and I am sure this is not the region problem because:
    1. If I convert the .iso file to .mds/.mdf file and set it as DVD-ROM, then the DT will mount it as DVD-ROM correctly and the WMP/MPC can play the videos.
    2. If I copy the VIDEO_TS folder to HDD and load the .ifo in WMP/MPC, they can play as well.

I know this is the .iso file format problem and not the DT problem, so I post it here as feature request, that the DT can provide an option to "Mount as DVD-ROM" when I am going to mount a small .iso image...

(Reference)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	unknown.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	194207

If that's an option for the meantime, you can use ImgBurn to create a DVD-ROM MDS file for your existing ISO(s).
    Tools -> Create MDS file...
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
    X