Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Associations corrupted

Hello!

Please, I need your help. I installed a program called Debut Video Software and it corrupted some file associations, most of them from the Daemon Tools. I tried reinstalling DT to revert the associations back to DT but that didn't help. Now I'm unable to double-click on an ISO file to open/mount it in DT. I have Windows 7 x64. How can I re-establist the associations with DT? Double-clicking it in Windows Explorer and choosing DT as the defualt program didn't do it.

Thank you!

Please download this little app (no installation required): http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/filetypesman-x64.zip

Extract and start the app, highlight the .iso extension, then make and attach/upload a fullscreen-screenshot which also shows the lower part of the FileTypesMan window.

If you don't know how to do screenshots take a look here, and follow the tip at the bottom.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I hope I did it right - here's the screenshot:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	193520

Comment

In the upper area right-click .iso -> Edit selected File Type
        At 'Default icon' enter C:\Programme\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe,0

While .iso is highlighted in the upper area right-click the 'open'-entry in the lower -> Edit selected Action
        At 'Command-Line' enter "C:\Programme\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -shellmount "%1" (with double quotes).

Reboot and check if Doubleclick-mounting is working now.

P.S.: have you already removed something by hand in the lower area ?
        I've also installed Debut Video Capture in VM and my entries are really messed up.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I did all that you said and it worked like a charm - it all works now! I also used Nirsoft's ShellMenuView to clean all the crap that Debut program made in my Windows Explorer context menus. What else have you noticed was messed by Debut?

Thank you so much for your help!

Comment

It starts with the optional components during installation; even with everything unchecked
            the installer adds file associations of many NCH Software apps which aren't installed !
            When using their right-click handlers you're prompted to download their apps and use them as standard.
            NCH calls that 'Install on Demand' feature. At least you can cancel that

Name:	IOD.png
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	193522

Some associations are taken over, like ISO.

Name:	FA.jpg
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	193521
            Finally some of those associations aren't reverted to their original state after Debut is uninstalled ...like ISO.
            And there are also no file association options in the program to do it manually.

Comment

I cleaned it all with Nirsoft tools, thanks to your help. I also wrote an email of complaint to the NCH Software. Again, thanx!

Comment

Working...
              X