Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems imaging Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge

Hi,
    I am a big fan of Red Alert 2, got a the game for Christmas last year. I thought it was sooo cool how I could use fastdump to make an image (runs way faster off the HD). This year I got the add-on Yuri's Revenge. Fastdump doesn't work anymore. I went through the exact same procedure as with RA2, and it just finds a whole bunch of read errors. Here is what I did:

1. Installed game, then ran it with DAEMON-tools SafeDisc emulation on.

2. Exited game.

3. Opened CloneCD (version 3 point something on trial).

4. Told CloneCD to read disc to HDD.

5. Came up with all of the SafeDisc read errors, fastdump didn't work.

How can I image Yuri's Revenge? Does it use a different copy protection? I ran CD Protection Detective on it, and it recognized it as SafeDisc. Do I need another program to dump it? Thanks.

Clint

What is with point 5? Fast dump did not work - errors took long to be read or why do you think fast dump did not work?
    Can you check the exe (or the dlls) with a SafeDisc-analyser so we know the exact SD-version?
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Well, it was taking ~half a minute on each read error, so I assume fastdump didn't work. Where can I get a SafeDisc analyser?

Clint

Comment

Download the SafeDisc Analyser here ...

may be the SafeDisc check is later when you actually start a new game, so try that - if the errors take so long to be read, fast dump did not work for sure ...
        also try to start setup - if I remember correctly RA2 has protected setup.exe, so may be add-on, too :?

Comment

Hi,
          Just ran SafeDisc analyser on yuri.exe. Didn't come up with anything but the version number ... I guess this version isn't as well known. The version number it came up with was v2.40.010. Any info?

Clint

Comment

SafeDisc 2.40.010 is rather old and should be no problem at all ... are you sure you checked the correct exe? Check the icon in startmenu which exe it starts ...

Comment

Hmmm... I did indeed check the wrong EXE. However, the analyser wants an ICD file now, and I don't see any ICD files on the hard drive *or* on the CD. What now?

Clint

Comment

If the analyser wants an icd, just change to "all files"-display and click on the exe again ...

Comment

When I do that, it doesn't say any version, just a crc number. The next thing I'm going to try is playing an entire game and then seeing if DAEMON tools will get the fastdump info.

Clint

Comment

Hey,
                    Just wanted to let everyone know that I gave up and let it run all night. Luckily, this produced a working image Thanks for all your help!

Clint

Comment

Working...
                    X