Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: add support for split 4.7gb dvd .iso to work around 4gb file limit on fat32

New User

Default add support for split 4.7gb dvd .iso to work around 4gb file limit on fat32

I used nero express 6 to create an .iso by saving out the dvd track, and was
    getting errors like "Cannot copy XXXXX: The device does not recognize the command."

After awhile, I realized that nero couldn't write the entire .iso file in 4gb so it split
    the .iso into 2 pieces, "Track01.iso" and "Track01.001".

It would be really nice if daemon could support mounting a split file for filesystems like fat32
    that have a 4gb limit.

Thanks for reading,

Don

Daemon tools can mount split dvd mds files (made by alcohol).

how can i split a .mdf image?

i just want to move the .mdf and .mds to the iPod internal disk but the fat32 do not allow to move more than 4GB at the same time...

can anyone help me?thankzzz

i tried SplitFile 2.0 but it gave an error..maybe because it's a .mdf!

Just re-create the image with Alcohol and select some split option ("Seperate Image file every" pull down menu in Image Making Wizard), e.g. 2GB.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Experienced User

its probably just easier to convert the drive to nfts, after all in this day and age, with modern pc's and modern os's it doesnt make sense sticking to fat32, unless its a boot drive and you want to fix it with dos etc when it screws up

TRANSLATOR OFFICIAL TRANSLATOR

eventually u can split it with WinRAR or BananaSplitter...

Master

He said it was an iPod, so maybe there's some reason that the iPod disc can't be converted to NTFS (not sure, just speculating).

Default internet search terms ipod ntfs

Quote Originally Posted by Jito463
    He said it was an iPod, so maybe there's some reason that the iPod disc can't be converted to NTFS (not sure, just speculating).
    I googled and found this page with many blog comments posted below it. Though this is kind of getting off topic for file splitting.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Experienced User

thread starter didnt mention ipod, thread hijacker did

Quote Originally Posted by Underheaven
    I googled and found this page with many blog comments posted below it. Though this is kind of getting off topic for file splitting.

yes,its possible to change the iPod to NTFS but,if i change to NTFS i will lose all my music...

i will try to re-create the image with alcohol... thanks Copytrooper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast